Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: What do i have?

Hybrid View

1. #1 What do i have? 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Hi need some help, a few weeks ago I bought a Marlin roadster but at the time did not have the V5, had a look to get insurance V5 says morris marina convertible, what do I have had a rebuild in 2014 very well built, lots of build photos paperwork etc, in that it says a YKC kit on a standard Marina chassis, reg YPA 525T Engine number ME2SKN-226220M, thanks for any help, Ray.

2. #2 Re: What do i have? 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member listerjp2's Avatar
    Have you had a look on the DVLA site.

It says it's a Grey Morris with a 1500 engine.

Taxed until 1 August 2019 and MOT'D until 24th July 2019

It may be known to the club and I will let others answer that for you.

In my opinion, if it's taxed and MOT'D then the insurance should be easy.

Just tell them what it says on the V5.

Know doubt others may disagree.

Good luck.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by yousay54 View Post
    Hi need some help, a few weeks ago I bought a Marlin roadster but at the time did not have the V5, had a look to get insurance V5 says morris marina convertible, what do I have had a rebuild in 2014 very well built, lots of build photos paperwork etc, in that it says a YKC kit on a standard Marina chassis, reg YPA 525T Engine number ME2SKN-226220M, thanks for any help, Ray.

3. #3 Re: What do i have? 
    The motor is Ford Pinto 1600cc before I had the V5 back from DVLA which the dealer sent off in insured as Marlin Roadster, the v5 says ford and when it was fitted as the old motor was a 1300 marina.

4. #4 Re: What do i have? 
    Welcome Ray, all the indications are that you have a well sorted and built car.

It was originally powered buy a 1275cc engine from the donor car (Marina 1.3) from which the registration number came

Based on a Marlin/YKC chassis, during the rebuilds (2012 and onwards) it has acquired cycle wings etc

Regrettably we do not have any pics of the car prior to it's rebuilds, but we do have some stuff from 2012 onwards, so email me privately (details in Pitstop magazine) and I will share them with you.

We can also discuss contact with the DVLA for you to correct the V5 details

As Adrian has said, tell the insurance company what you are doing, as the car is currently Tax & MoT there should not be a problem

Enjoy your driving

Rgds Dave Cunnington MOC Archivist

5. #5 Re: What do i have? 
    Hi Ray,
    Welcome to the club.
    If this is the one I am thinking it is then you have a really nice looking car.
    A picture of it when it was for sale gave me some inspiration for cycle wings myself as I’m in the middle of a rebuild.
    When you get chance could you take some pics of the car and of the front wings so I can see how they are mounted please.
    As said before it is already MOTd and taxed so shouldn’t be a big problem getting the v5 corrected.
    Cheers, Martin.
    1275 Marina/Ital based LWB Roadster in the process of a ground up rebuild.

6. #6 Re: What do i have? 
    Quote Originally Posted by meverett View Post
    Hi Ray,
    Welcome to the club.
    If this is the one I am thinking it is then you have a really nice looking car.
    A picture of it when it was for sale gave me some inspiration for cycle wings myself as I’m in the middle of a rebuild.
    When you get chance could you take some pics of the car and of the front wings so I can see how they are mounted please.
    As said before it is already MOTd and taxed so shouldn’t be a big problem getting the v5 corrected.
    Cheers, Martin.
    Hi Martin yes has the cycle wings will take some photos, that is not the problem for me will have to try to attach them, thanks, regards Ray.

7. #7 Re: What do i have? 
    Quote Originally Posted by yousay54 View Post
    Hi Martin yes has the cycle wings will take some photos, that is not the problem for me will have to try to attach them, thanks, regards Ray.
    Hi All paperwork sent to DVLA, will keep you all posted as to the outcome, thanks for all the help, Regards Ray.