Flasher unit for indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flasher unit for indicators

My advice. Never ever trust a photo on an eBay or suppliers website! Track down the part number of the part you need from your donor car (you know where to look for Marina/Ital and Triumph).

Always check that the BL/Triumph parts supplier, lists the correct item by part number, if not find someone who does.

I repeat, never ever trust a photo on an eBay or suppliers website! If there is the slightest doubt, ask the important question, Is this a direct replacement for what I am looking for?

The internet is riddled with posts saying 'I bought this' people rarely read further to find the post 'but it didn't fit'.

As always, Buyer Beware.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

True indeed , buyer beware, BUT... this particular ebay seller has 83000+ sales and has 100% feedback. I have been buying (and selling) on ebay myself for 10+ years & I know how to recognise the good from the bad:

If less than 100% feedback - check

The last month / 6 months of negative feedback scores & compare that to the volume of sales.
      Is the item in the UK; many sellers are in China and pretend to be in the UK, especially those selling fake goods (which are rife on ebay)
      Returns policy.

If all these check out good then I buy with confidence. Sometimes, I buy stuff knowing it is from China but the price sold is worth the punt; I bought a flyreel from a good feedback seller in China and it was 1/4 of the price of comparable reels in the UK and has so far been perfect and a joy to fish with. I have also (knowingly; or at least suspicious of) bought fake LED lenser head torches from chinese sellers when the sale was through a bid and it was so cheap as to be worth a punt at the last second; again mostly good, I have one in front me as I type.

The doorbell rings and its the postwoman delivering the flasher unit I bought on ebay yesterday! Side by side identical pin alignment & even the numbers in the surface next to each pin are identical (49, 49a, 31). I have every confidence it will fit and work perfectly.. I'll let you know if not. The ebay seller was Minemine Ltd.

Comment

It works perfectly, admittedly the ticking is not as loud as the original - but I can see the light flashing on the dash so it's ok.

Comment

Excellent. Another ticked off the list.
          Your flasher relays seems to be a newer version to the original Marina, my new loom from PWS is using the same flasher relay (one unit for both indicators and hazards) but the old loom had the old flasher units, do you know if your loom is original or was it replaced and rewired when built.

Comment

Hi Martin,
            my loom is from the origional donor 1976 and has a separate flasher and hazard unit. Had to replace the hazard unit as it failed which is how I found out as time had erased my memory.lol.

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
              Excellent. Another ticked off the list.
              Your flasher relays seems to be a newer version to the original Marina, my new loom from PWS is using the same flasher relay (one unit for both indicators and hazards) but the old loom had the old flasher units, do you know if your loom is original or was it replaced and rewired when built.
              No idea if its the original loom, very likely; some of the wires are very old (you know the type where no matter what you do you can't get them to take solder).. My Dad originally built it in 2001, but he wouldn't remember where the loom came from. As it is, I have had to extend sections of it myself when I rebuilt the dash layout.

Comment

Working...
              X