Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which camshaft for Pinto

Hi again,
    where 4 become 2 pipes a disk has been welded on the end with the 3" pipe welded to that. if you was to look inside you would see a large pipe with 2 exhaust holes fireing into it ,this will act as anti reversion, certainly better than the old cast iron 4 into 1,

Comment

Hi, Sorry I have taken so long but every time I write a reply the web site hangs up and closes Explorer after a while. At the moment the only way I can post is to write out on Word or suchlike and then cut & paste. Even then some letters go missing.
      My 205 Pinto was bored to 2.1 then fitted with Cologne V6 pistons.
      The head is an EFi unit with larger exhaust and inlet valves, unleaded seats too.
      I chose a Kent FR30 as the Berli is a bit overgeared and I wanted torque lower down the rev range. Power really hits above 3000 rpm. Useful torque from about 2000 rpm.
      The EFi head can be fitted with carbs but make sure that the egg shaped ports are completely covered by the manifold and gasket. I stuck with a modified Bosch L Jetronic injection system which works well and, contrary to some belief, tuneable.
      remember to fit a high capacity oil pump and bore the cam lubrication pipe holes from 1mm to at least 1.5mm.
      Get shot of the crankcase breather valve and fit a spigot to feed a ½ inch pipe to a high mounted catch tank.
      There really is little a need to port the injection head as the standard airways can allow as much air as required for a tractable road car.
      I have an RS2000 cast manifold which is four into two. This manifold will happily cope with power in excess of 145HP (108Kw) To get the best out of the cam and this state of tune, one needs at least one metre of pipe before combining the two in to one. You can hear the pulses extracting above 2000 rpm as the exhaust note becomes very smooth. I have a side pipe stainless system custom built by Powells of Redruth for c£300.
      On long runs I get around 30mpg without hanging about. Obviously I can drop that to 27 when my right foot becomes heavy!
      I have run the engine for over 20,000 mile now and still manage to fine tune the system to become smoother, flexible and powerful.
      Last edited by mocad2016; 04-12-18, 08:18 AM. Reason: Amend mileage
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

That should be.....over 20000 miles. It won't let me edit !

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
          That should be.....over 20000 miles. It won't let me edit !
          I have made the change for you. Members should be able to edit their own posts. I am not sure what prevented you.
          Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, I have found that If I change to Source Mode, top left on icon bar, I have no trouble posting. Doh. I should have tried this months ago!!!

Comment

Working...
            X