One of those days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those days

Oh yes, it's been one of those days, I took a nice early Dog walk, then back home for a cup of Tea, I then woke the Marlin up, she thinks she has started her winter hibernation, I gave her a good wash as she was covered in saw dust etc, I decided I can't stand those fiddly alloys, I think they will go next year, far too much bother to clean ( Tooth brush job ) I then started a few little areas of body work jobs on the Camper van, the old stone chips had never been sorted out, so while the primer hardened the wife and myself took the Marlin as far as the British Iron works on the A5, to attend a Kit car meeting, only one other Marlin there, a Sportster, the rest were Tigers, NG's, Caterhams, Cobra types. Anyhow, one of the lads spotted a small amount of steam escaping from my Marlin, I of course brushed it off as I thought I may have overfilled the new 3 core radiator I fitted last month ( The Marlin has not been out for about 6 weeks ) So after a chat with a few of the lads, the wife and I ( she had now thawed out and was talking again ) went for a cup of Coffee and a Bacon bap, we had a brief look around the Iron works, it's quite interesting and a venue for many car meet up's, I got back to the Marlin, ( Lost the wife ) only to discover that the bottom hose had come off the Radiator ( Oh joy ) no water. No screwdriver to be had, and it's a tad awkward to get at, so I thought push the hose on the best I could and fill up with some water, but all the outside taps were open and the water was turned off at every water tap ready for the winter, so I just left the rad cap off and headed up the road back home some 18 mile or so away with a stop at a service station for a top up. The wife was now seated in the car and not looking forward to the cold and inevitable breakdown, all went well for half a mile, then what little water was left in the system started to boil up and of course all the weekenders had all come out for a drive and were queuing at every roundabout, I was by now driving what appeared to be a mobile sauna with steam coming through the dashboard area while on the move and from everywhere every time we stopped, but we made it to a petrol station and I filled the old motor up with water and tub full of water between the wife's feet ( she was frozen again and had stopped talking ) then off we went and we did make it home, it took the wife a while to climb out due to her lags not working, I think it was Hypothermia setting in, so while she took her time, I put the kettle on for a nice cup of Tea. Some time later I dumped the water from the Marlin, and put her in the garage, jacked her up and fitted two of my best Jubilee clips to the pipe, she just needs some more antifreeze now ( The Marlin, not the wife ) then started stage two of my Van body repairs, grinder in hand, It was all a bit of fun though and the wife ( Janet ) did laugh once her face had thawed out.

Re: One of those days

Made me chuckle to myself.

Adrian

Comment

Re: One of those days

Yep, I've got a wife like that. Don't know why she puts up with me!

Comment

Working...
      X