Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roadster front lower damper bracket (Marina)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster front lower damper bracket (Marina)

Does anyone have a spare pair? Or perhaps know where they can be sourced?

Re: Roadster front lower damper bracket (Marina)

Originally posted by cryophile View Post
    Does anyone have a spare pair? Or perhaps know where they can be sourced?
    Pretty simple to get a Metal Basher to fabricate them locally.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Do you have one as a pattern? Or need dimensions?

Comment

There is a drawing from the late build manual fig 6 should help I think you could make it in two pieces each with its own flange if there is enough room between the wish bone parts after grinding off the boss.
        But my knowledge of Marina front end is limited,
        Last edited by b_caswell; 16-10-18, 10:47 AM.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Tried to post the drawing but failed sorry
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

These what you are looking for?

5149185D-51F4-438C-937F-E4C4D2F453F5.jpeg

2909AF86-247B-47F5-8BAE-445F9F980065.jpeg

Some more parts in my parts bin. Can’t remember why the holes are not the same on each, must have been odd bottom wishbones.

If you can or know someone that could fabricate a pair for you, PM me your email address and I will send you some drawings to scale.

Cheers, Martin.
            Last edited by meverett; 16-10-18, 05:35 PM.

Comment

513222A7-5087-47D7-999F-D1294BACE13A.jpeg

Scan taken from the build manual.

Comment

Have a set, installed, but a friend wants a pair to upgrade a marina suspension. Lever dampers are a dying breed.

Comment

Yep, these are the ones. Odd hole is the one you have to drill so someone might have mistaken the measurement.

Comment

Originally posted by cryophile View Post
                    Have a set, installed, but a friend wants a pair to upgrade a marina suspension. Lever dampers are a dying breed.
                    Ah, now we know what you really want. The late Marina/Itals were factory supplied with a telescopic front damper. There were kits of parts that could be fitted.
                    The dampers were not mounted in the same manner as the Marlin, but offset from the lower arm by a bolt on bracket.
                    There are still lever arm refurbishers for the old classic cars but I have not heard of one active for the Marina/Ital for years.

You would do better asking the Morris Marina Owners Club or on the forum Fastmarinamagazine.com

Somewhere I have pictures of the relevant home built brackets, I will try to find them later.

One resource in the US that might be able to help you is a Facebook group, Austin Powerless Racing.
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Know FastMarina well. Austin Powerless and 24hours of lemons are hilarious, never saw before. Getting tough to get stuff from the USA though. No Mark2s here that I know of. I'll keep trolling for someone parting out a Marlin. If someone has a drawing with measurements I can take to a welder, that would be very helpful. Thanks, Grant...

Comment

Working...
                      X