Mk2 Roadster with O series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk2 Roadster with O series

I have contact with a seller in Essex of a Mk2 SWB with O series engine correctly reg as Marlin but would
    need respray as it has been rubbed down.
    Attached Files
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Re: Mk2 Roadster with O series

How much is he asking for it?
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

He says it owes him £2250 but if your interested I will pass on your email if you PM me.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

It’s almost as if some people don’t really want to sell.
        Or is it because people who are not members of the club, can’t post ‘for sale’ or has that rule been lifted?

If I have to deal through a third party, there will be no deal. Stick it on eBay with a full description.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Is that the going rate for a registered Roadster that looks like it’s due a full rebuild (no offense intended) or does it just look worse in the picture?

Comment

This car has been for sale on Facebook for about 1 year and has not sold. When it first went on I contacted him and he wanted £3500 ono. Lets just say he was not favourable to my honest opinion on what it is worth.
            The guy is not English, Portuguese I think, so he might not truly understand the British Kit Car market and the expected values of such projects.
            When he says it "owes" him £2250 he will be counting his hours on the project as he is a professional mechanic so in reality, the home builder would not count this in.
            He bought this car from eBay about 3/4 years ago and I think it went for around £1250 at that time.

For those with facebook account:
            Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.
            Last edited by jon_cox; 29-10-18, 09:29 AM.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Working...
            X