Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last run in the Marlin for this year, maybe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last run in the Marlin for this year, maybe ?

Good evening all,
    It's been a grand day weather wise for the end of October and after a few jobs on the van ( Drawer knobs and a few broken brackets replaced ) I decided to put the wheels back on the Marlin and take her for a run, the wheels were not taken off for the winter, but to be replaced with another set ( Cobra super slots from the bay ) however, I never had the correct wheel nuts to fit then ( Sleeve type nuts ) but I never realised till I'd removed all the wheels, so off for a cup of Tea eh. Once the wheels were all back on, I let her have a warm up, then off we went from Coedpoeth and up over Minera moors to Worlds end, down to Llangollen then up over the Horseshoe pass heading home via Llandegla, as I said a lovely morning, lot's of walkers and cyclists about, I never saw another Kit car of any sort about, there are usually a few at the Ponderosa café but not today. The new timing gear made a bigger difference to the running of the car than I thought it would, it definitely runs smoother and pulls better and the three core radiator I fitted is actually too efficient in this cold weather, I may need to blank part of it off ?

Bye for now, has anyone else been out this weekend ?

Re: Last run in the Marlin for this year, maybe ?

Had CPY 301L out for a run to the Sheldon meet on Saturday. Shame that all others came in their euroboxes due to the temperature being in single figures !
    New rear shocks are an improvement but sadly my rigid side screens didn't live up to expectations. Back to the drawing board on that one or stick with wind deflectors and a flying helmet?

Comment

That's a nice run Harry, good fun over the moors! Might do it during the week if the sun's out...

Comment

Judy & I went via Chard and Axminster to Beer near Seaton for a Carvery at the Dolphin Pub today, really good food and service. The sun shone, fresh but with warm clothes, the heater warming feet and legs, and coming home with proper head gear a very good day out. No Kit Cars and only one other car with the hood down, a Mini that waved as it approached us. Last weekend on the Saturday we went via the Exe Valley and over Exmoor to Lynmouth where we had fish & chips. On the Moor we saw 4 Red Stag Deer and in Lynmouth we saw 3 Dippers. Another very sunny day, warmer than today. Our thoughts are, make the most of the good weather and enjoy "Marlining". Later in the week my local Club is hoping to have a run towards Minehead. A good job some of us are retired. David.

Comment

Originally posted by davidmartin720 View Post
          Judy & I went via Chard and Axminster to Beer near Seaton for a Carvery at the Dolphin Pub today, really good food and service. The sun shone, fresh but with warm clothes, the heater warming feet and legs, and coming home with proper head gear a very good day out. No Kit Cars and only one other car with the hood down, a Mini that waved as it approached us. Last weekend on the Saturday we went via the Exe Valley and over Exmoor to Lynmouth where we had fish & chips. On the Moor we saw 4 Red Stag Deer and in Lynmouth we saw 3 Dippers. Another very sunny day, warmer than today. Our thoughts are, make the most of the good weather and enjoy "Marlining". Later in the week my local Club is hoping to have a run towards Minehead. A good job some of us are retired. David.

Hi, that's a nice run and a nice area of the country too, I've not wandered down that way for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
            That's a nice run Harry, good fun over the moors! Might do it during the week if the sun's out...
            Hi, yes, it's lovely up there especially on a nice Sunny day, and the road down to Worlds end has had a new tarmac top coat, however there are a lot of Kamakazi cyclists belting down the hills, beware or you might collect a new grill mascot !

Comment

Wincanton to Shillingstone to do the timekeeping for a 10 mile cross country race. Got really cold waiting for the runners to finish as the slowest was 2 hours after the fastest. Thank goodness for a decent heater!

Comment

Working...
              X