• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster on ebay

Re: Roadster on ebay

Another Australian import

Comment

When it was last on eBay, about 3 years ago, it was advertised as having been off the road since 1996 and it looks as though that hasn't changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan c View Post
        Another Australian import
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
          When it was last on eBay, about 3 years ago, it was advertised as having been off the road since 1996 and it looks as though that hasn't changed.
          Hello, you mean not SORNED since 1996? corry a bit lost within UK administrative statuses :-)

Comment

Image2.jpg
            Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Originally posted by leklek View Post
              Hello, you mean not SORNED since 1996? corry a bit lost within UK administrative statuses :-)
              Capture.JPG

Comment

which means that to drive the car in the UK, all taxes since this time has to be paid, or only the one for the year in progress?

Comment

I believe a new owner cannot be held responsible for previous years taxes if the new owner can prove the purchase.

Comment

Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN) was introduced 31st January 1998 if the car was off the road before that date it didn't need to be declared until the car was sold
                    then any new subsequent owner needs to SORN the car.
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

ok... if the administrative situation might be clear, I asked an MOT copy as a single strange info on a V5 can make the registration process impossible here in France.
                      Hard also to make a mind on the car estate... if the chassis is as rusted as the paint is faded...
                      I would presume that a faded paint is caused by a long term outside storage, probably not really the kind of care any convertible car requires, especially an 80's car... I required chassis pictures

Comment

Originally posted by leklek View Post
                        ok... if the administrative situation might be clear, I asked an MOT copy as a single strange info on a V5 can make the registration process impossible here in France.
                        Hard also to make a mind on the car estate... if the chassis is as rusted as the paint is faded...
                        I would presume that a faded paint is caused by a long term outside storage, probably not really the kind of care any convertible car requires, especially an 80's car... I required chassis pictures
                        I've not heard of any roadster with serious chassis corrosion (other models is a different issue).. someone may have other experience, but it's built of very thick steel compared to production cars. Getting some of the bolts out of the chassis during restoration may be more difficult though, as I have found !!!

PS: Wooden floor could be rotten !
                        Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
                        Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

I have not had rust problems with the Roadsters I have rebuilt, the last one was stored outside not under cover for 12 years !

The only Roadster I have seen with terminal rust was stored outside on the Isle of Man in a very salty environment for
                          many years

Get some chassis pictures, and if they look OK then the car is probably a good proposition, the paint might well polish up

Comment

My Roadster had been unused outside for 9 yrs under a leaky tarp. Very little rust. Sump full of water though. Leaky tarp ,split bonnet, no rockerbox fitted and somehow water in the inlets and carbs!

Comment

Working...
                            X