Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Roadster on ebay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: Roadster on ebay 
    regular forum contributor Club Member
    ok... if the administrative situation might be clear, I asked an MOT copy as a single strange info on a V5 can make the registration process impossible here in France.
    Hard also to make a mind on the car estate... if the chassis is as rusted as the paint is faded...
    I would presume that a faded paint is caused by a long term outside storage, probably not really the kind of care any convertible car requires, especially an 80's car... I required chassis pictures

2. #12 Re: Roadster on ebay 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member 928cdu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leklek View Post
    ok... if the administrative situation might be clear, I asked an MOT copy as a single strange info on a V5 can make the registration process impossible here in France.
    Hard also to make a mind on the car estate... if the chassis is as rusted as the paint is faded...
    I would presume that a faded paint is caused by a long term outside storage, probably not really the kind of care any convertible car requires, especially an 80's car... I required chassis pictures
    I've not heard of any roadster with serious chassis corrosion (other models is a different issue).. someone may have other experience, but it's built of very thick steel compared to production cars. Getting some of the bolts out of the chassis during restoration may be more difficult though, as I have found !!!

PS: Wooden floor could be rotten !
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

3. #13 Re: Roadster on ebay 
    I have not had rust problems with the Roadsters I have rebuilt, the last one was stored outside not under cover for 12 years !

The only Roadster I have seen with terminal rust was stored outside on the Isle of Man in a very salty environment for
    many years

Get some chassis pictures, and if they look OK then the car is probably a good proposition, the paint might well polish up

4. #14 Re: Roadster on ebay 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    My Roadster had been unused outside for 9 yrs under a leaky tarp. Very little rust. Sump full of water though. Leaky tarp ,split bonnet, no rockerbox fitted and somehow water in the inlets and carbs!