Marlin GT6 Based

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin GT6 Based

I think I've seen this one for sale a few times over the last couple of years, in varying states of build. But I could be wrong!

This one not listed in the gallery.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173648651517

s-l1600-16.jpgs-l1600-15.jpg
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Marlin GT6 Based

Sadly, the side metal plates added plus the front one are not very pleasant to see + a respray might be needed, but the electricity work done might increase a bit the reliability.
    As a newby, I am wondering if the sides of the motor covers are the original one and if the marlin logo in front of the radiator was originally not there on this model.

Comment

The Marlin logo was always an extra.

I suspect that this one didn't originally have doors as the hinges don't look standard and the engine sides were plain.

Not all Marlins were ordered with doors and shark fine vents on the engine sides.

The wing kick plates look like the chequer plate used on Land Rover wings.

Adrian

Originally posted by leklek View Post
      Sadly, the side metal plates added plus the front one are not very pleasant to see + a respray might be needed, but the electricity work done might increase a bit the reliability.
      As a newby, I am wondering if the sides of the motor covers are the original one and if the marlin logo in front of the radiator was originally not there on this model.

Comment

thanks for the infos, I guess it means it is impossible to find spare logo.. I think it brings a little something to the car look...

Maybe possible to manufacture one in stainless steel plate by finding a school workshop equiped with laser cutting machine.

adding doors has certainly been a challenge!

I hesitate a bit as.. on one hand there are minor things to rework, but on the other hand, there are not so much marlins on sale in this period :-)

Comment

Try traceing this to a bit of brass sheet, enlarge or shrink to suit. I soldered a couple of brass screws to the rear to mount it.

I should also add that I have a friend who gold plated it for me, saves a lot of polishing.
          Hugh.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by h_m_cumming; 28-11-18, 05:01 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Pm me I have a spare I would be willing to part with

Adria

Originally posted by leklek View Post
            thanks for the infos, I guess it means it is impossible to find spare logo.. I think it brings a little something to the car look...

Maybe possible to manufacture one in stainless steel plate by finding a school workshop equiped with laser cutting machine.

adding doors has certainly been a challenge!

I hesitate a bit as.. on one hand there are minor things to rework, but on the other hand, there are not so much marlins on sale in this period :-)

Comment

I ordered one from Marlin a couple of years ago. It was around the £35 Mark.
              Stumbling around in the dark
              Marina based SWB roadster
              Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

well for now, I will see when I will pick up the car (long trip to France), if by any chance there would be a box containing a logo given with the car :-)

Comment

Working...
                X