2001 Marlin Cabrio 2.0l dohc for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Marlin Cabrio 2.0l dohc for sale

Completed in 2001 from full Marlin kit and donor sourced by Marlin. The builder was the first owner, I am the second.
    Purchased by me, sight unseen, in 2013. It had 1418 miles recorded at the MOT prior to collection. It was trailered to Cornwall by my local garage who have looked after it since then. They scared themselves testing it. The front suspension had not been aligned correctly and there were other instances on an incomplete build. The throttle position sensor and idle control valve were troublesome and with MOC help were sorted. The heater water circuit was blocked, this sorted. All this was time consuming but fortunately I was able to keep my Berlinetta for another 18 months whilst the Cabrio was sorted.
    Since then a gravity switch for the electric fuel pump was fitted, plus 2 new front AVO shock absorbers, new fuel tank sender, new rear brake cylinders, new discs pads and callipers, chassis was painted where some powder coating detached, back axle splines resealed, a recent high capacity battery has cured hot starting reluctance, 2 new tyres, led bulbs fitted to sidelights and stop tail lights which I use as daytime running lights. The Cabrio has just returned from the garage having had an oil leak sorted from the rear axle and was in the paint shop to have some of the dings and scratches that were acquired during its original barn storage.
    During its period of storage it acquired an additional patina of old age from the attention of the odd rodent on the piping of the hood and hood cover. Moths had fun in some of the carpeting too. The headlamp shells were and are short on chrome in places.

There are four original loudspeakers that were installed and the cables led to the radio housing, there is also an aerial connection too.
    The extra shoulder room over the Berli is much appreciated and the ride and roadholding excellent. All this plus a very pleasing exhaust note too!
    Andrew
    mob: zero774zero8664zero4

I'm not sure how large or small the pictures will come out. I am very happy to email replacements plus others

Thank you for the prompt- offers in the region of £4500

A DEPOSIT HAS NOW BEEN TAKEN FROM A MOC MEMBER

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND THE KIND COMMENTS

ANDREW
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andrewjo; 21-12-18, 02:24 PM. Reason: Deposit taken from MOC member

Re: 2001 Marlin Cabrio 2.0l dohc for sale

Price?

Comment

£4500

Adrian

Comment

Now thats' a Black Friday bargain. Love the look of the dash, it has given me yet more ideas for mine.
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Got to be worth a punt at that price .

Comment

Well presented, a credit. I would be tempted if I didn't own one exactly the same, even down to the colour. Do you know what the paint code is for that particular blue?

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim, I will ask next week,
              Cheers,
              Andrew

Comment

Hi Jim,
                As you will have experienced car colours change with age and exposure to light. The colour might have started out as a Ford colour.
                The “spectrum analyser” showed the closest match to be Dunkelblau, BMW 263 and a water base. There was no clear outer lacquer.
                It is an excellent match so perhaps a friendly paint shop with an analyser is a way forward.
                Cheers
                Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew, excellent info. I'll give it a bash as they say.

Comment

Hi Andrew,
                    Is this car still for sale?

Comment

Hi Kelton,
                      Thanks for the message. Apologies if you have tried to text or phone. I am currently on a brief visit to N Z. I will be back next Tuesday.
                      Currently I have two gentlemen who I have pencilled in to see the car when I am home but no dates are fixed.
                      So the car is still for sale.
                      Thanks for your interest.

Comment

Working...
                      X