My Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Roadster

Facebook has sent me a reminder today of a photo I posted some time ago. Thought I'd share it as I quite like it!!!
    Gareth.
    Attached Files

Re: My Roadster

Brill

Adrian

Comment

Very cool...
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Looks very smart.
        In view of the cars surroundings, it made me wonder what are the Roadsters like for driving in the snow, if driven sensibly?

Comment

Cold!

Comment

Originally posted by Ye Ol Ripper View Post
            Looks very smart.
            In view of the cars surroundings, it made me wonder what are the Roadsters like for driving in the snow, if driven sensibly?
            Interesting, from what I recall of the only time I tried it...would definitely have benefited from some ballast over the rear axle..!
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Ballast over the rear axle is a good idea. I would imagine my own inbuilt ballast might help considering I am sitting so close to the rear axle.
              With regard to it being cold , thankfully I have a roof and rigid side screens and a single speed heater , so this should in theory be possible/feasible

Comment

No problem with driving a Roadster in the cold wearing a flying jacket and suitable headgear and gloves. However, driving in the wet is another thing altogether. Very easy to end up facing the wrong way as I once found out.

Comment

Last year's Cotswolds Clouds trial in February was a little chilly but a trappers hat, scarf and gloves was warm enough. Constant jumping in and out to let down and pump up tyres helped though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ye Ol Ripper View Post
                    Looks very smart.
                    When I built PKK in the 80's I recall I 'finished' it towards the end of the year but had no funds for proper weather gear. As it was my daily driver I used it in rain and snow until the next spring at least. It was fine if driven sensibly.
                    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Years ago I ran a colleague home down a snow-bound lane which had thwarted several 4 x 4's earlier in the day, though I was unaware of this at the time.
                      I can only think that the lighter weight of a Roadster was supported on the top of the drifts by a frozen crust of snow whereas heavier machinery broke through and became engulfed!

Comment

Aldford?

Comment

This thread reminds me. If anyone is thinking about winter tyres this time of year, my advice is GET SOME ! I live on a hill and last year during the snow, my neighbours with a 4x4 abandoned it for a few days at the bottom of the road. Meanwhile my 2WD BMW made it up every time. 2wd with winters beats 4wd with summers all day long IMHO ..
                          Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
                          Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                            Aldford?
                            Similar houses, but no prize Dave!
                            Tiverton, down the road from Bunbury. Some lovely roads and pubs around that way. Picture was taken just after I bought the Roadster, about 6 years ago.
                            I used to be the telephone engineer for all around that area and know it well, and thought, with the telephone box there in the pic, it would bring back some happy memories!

Comment

Working...
                            X