Wind deflectors or side screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wind deflectors or side screens

Thanks how do I find technical tips? for side screens thanks. is there a link.

Comment

Scroll down to members only and click on Tech tips then select part one and go to page 16.

this may work not sure
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Ben thanks for the onfo, merry Christmas and happy new year to all members.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. I eventually plumped for wind deflectors and bought a 1000mm x 500mm x 6mm piece of polycarbonate. After some Cardboard Aided Design I ended up with this. They fill fill in the gap between the original deflector and the mirror, but the doors can both still fully open. I hadn't noticed previously how discoloured and cracked the original deflectors were.

Polycarbonate cuts well with a fine toothed jigsaw, and drills without cracking. Being lazy I've reused the original 1/8th aluminium brackets - if the new deflectors work well I may remake some new ones.

IMG_3251.jpgIMG_3253.jpgIMG_3250.jpg

The remaining piece of polycarbonate will be used for a rear wind deflector, which I'll attach to the Fourtune Engineering toolbox / sparewheel carrier. It's visible propped up loosely in place.
          I've had a number of modern sportscars with rear wind deflectors and they all seemed to work, so I'll give it a go on the Roadster. With the car already having the toolbox / sparewheel carrier I don't think I'm adding much more drag.

That may be after Xmas though as I think I'll tackle the heater next.
          Original builder of SWB Cabrio chassis no. 04-33 reg. no. CRN540Y - had a 2.8L Cologne V6 when I sold it in 2011
          Briefly owned Marlin Berlinetta Q670XBB for about 4 months in 2012
          Did own SWB Marian 1800TC Roadster Q741LPP - modified for trials by Fourtune Engineering
          Now own Marlin Sportster with 3.5L BMW straight six powerplant P764DOD - proof that absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Comment

Working...
          X