Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roadster import in France follow up

Hello,
    a topic to follow the GT6 based roadster I bought (http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...rlin-GT6-Based)
    My brother went to pick up the car and bring it fisrst in Cranfield where he studies. after two weeks, he was able to come back in France , so he drove the car to folkestone (shuttle temrinal).
    The travel went until this step smoothly (out of the seat which apparently feel like made of 2 wood plates :-) ), but in folkestone, one of leak appeared on one of the carburator... Anyway, he reached the shuttle with a plastic bag under the carb to drain the fuel out of the exhaust.
    Thanks to a few hits on the carb bottom (hope the words I am using are understandable), when he went out of the shuttle, the problem was sorted.

Today, he drove the car to the french MOT, I was waiting for some stopping point, but the list is non negligeable:
    • Lights are not powerfull enough => to see which bulbs are used/ maybe switch with any light locally sourced that will comply with the requirements
    • Rear tyres haveto be changed
    • Wheel alignement has to be setup (20m side movement when driving 1km measured)=> to be setup by a garage
    • Pollution, the value measured (CO2 emmision I Think) is 2 times the max. threshold => I am wondering if I won't refurbish the carb, but no reference is visible. Any way to have carb ref to order a carb kit from the motor Number? I welcome any advice on this particular point which is a bit scary

I will keep you updated, and will myself join the current car place next weekend.
    Last edited by leklek; 18-12-18, 04:35 PM.

Re: roadster import in France follow up

That sounds promising, I hope matriculation for you is easier in France than Spain.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

As in another piece 2 -3 years ago my Berly sailed through but I did have to get a Certificate d'Attestion from the FFVA group, this was based on the fact that the car used the first registration date of the donor, that being greater than 30 yrs. If less than said 30 yrs more hoops have to be addressed, jumped thro'.
      As I recall the acquisition of a French reg cost about 50-60€ for the certificate and around 250€ for the reg. Rather puts the 1600€ for a French plate for my Yeti!! : - ((

Comment

Working on it ( 48 hours at the car storage place). I wanted to work on carbs set-up. Unfortunately, I can't remove the air filters due to a lack of space between the carbs and the side panel. The side panel is currently partially fixed with pop rivet and stainless btr screws. I guess it was initially fixed with screws, to allow side panel removal for maintenance task?

Comment

Originally posted by leklek View Post
          Working on it ( 48 hours at the car storage place). I wanted to work on carbs set-up. Unfortunately, I can't remove the air filters due to a lack of space between the carbs and the side panel. The side panel is currently partially fixed with pop rivet and stainless btr screws. I guess it was initially fixed with screws, to allow side panel removal for maintenance task?
          Same on my previous Roadster, drill a hole in the panel, then you can get at the air filter bolts, when finished seal with a nice rubber grommet. See in this photo, in the air vent area.

tumblr_ox6ugzg1lX1ql85kjo8_1280.png.jpeg
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I am going to replace as much pop rivets as possible by screws to allow to flex the panel as much as possible to get the possibility to remove the filters as it is not screws in reality, but stud bolts and nuts, so the side space has to be as wide as the stud bolts length to allow to remove air filters

Comment

Working...
            X