Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Marlin Sportster chassis kit back on ebay

1. #1 Marlin Sportster chassis kit back on ebay 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    I think this starter kit plus potential BMW donor has been advertised at least once before at this time of year.

If I didn't have a partner, a 9 year old, a 5 year old, a dog, a full garage and there was no IVA requirement I'd be tempted :-). I put a scratch built 3 wheeler through MSVA in 2005 and that was enough for me.

But a straight six or V8 Sportster would help me tick one of the two of the missing engine option gaps in my automotive education that I need to fulfill - as well as the ubiquitous in-line 4 cylinder in OHV, SOHC, DOHC, and turbo forms I've also done V6, flat six and flat twin.

A black V8 Sportster would be good for that "HWM Stovebolt Special" vibe (and much cheaper than a Kougar, which is what Simon Taylor owned before he fulfilled his childhood dream and bought the Stovebolt)

Just need to win the lottery. Happy New Year everyone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marlin-Sportster-kit-car-chassis/143069392941?hash=item214f99b02d:g:vx0AAOSwqxdcJgq D:rk:1f:1&frcectupt=true
    Original builder of SWB Cabrio chassis no. 04-33 reg. no. CRN540Y - had a 2.8L Cologne V6 when I sold it in 2011
    Current owner of SWB Marian 1800TC Roadster Q741LPP - modified for trials by Fourtune Engineering

2. #2 Re: Marlin Sportster chassis kit back on ebay 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member David's Avatar
    Yes it has been for sale several times, maybe if the seller put a bit more effort into the adverts he'd sell it, or maybe not...
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.