Marlin Sportster chassis kit back on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Sportster chassis kit back on ebay

I think this starter kit plus potential BMW donor has been advertised at least once before at this time of year.

If I didn't have a partner, a 9 year old, a 5 year old, a dog, a full garage and there was no IVA requirement I'd be tempted :-). I put a scratch built 3 wheeler through MSVA in 2005 and that was enough for me.

But a straight six or V8 Sportster would help me tick one of the two of the missing engine option gaps in my automotive education that I need to fulfill - as well as the ubiquitous in-line 4 cylinder in OHV, SOHC, DOHC, and turbo forms I've also done V6, flat six and flat twin.

A black V8 Sportster would be good for that "HWM Stovebolt Special" vibe (and much cheaper than a Kougar, which is what Simon Taylor owned before he fulfilled his childhood dream and bought the Stovebolt)

Just need to win the lottery. Happy New Year everyone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marlin-Sportster-kit-car-chassis/143069392941?hash=item214f99b02d:g:vx0AAOSwqxdcJgq D:rk:1f:1&frcectupt=true
    Original builder of SWB Cabrio chassis no. 04-33 reg. no. CRN540Y - had a 2.8L Cologne V6 when I sold it in 2011
    Briefly owned Marlin Berlinetta Q670XBB for about 4 months in 2012
    Did own SWB Marian 1800TC Roadster Q741LPP - modified for trials by Fourtune Engineering
    Now own Marlin Sportster with 3.5L BMW straight six powerplant P764DOD - proof that absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Re: Marlin Sportster chassis kit back on ebay

Yes it has been for sale several times, maybe if the seller put a bit more effort into the adverts he'd sell it, or maybe not...
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
    X