Wheel stud spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel stud spacing

What is the pitch circle diameter for a roadster ( Marina)?
    I thought they may be A or B series but mine appear to be somewhat smaller.

Re: Wheel stud spacing

3 3/4" on mine

Comment

Same 3.75” PCD on mine with standard Marina car hubs. Stud diameter is approx 9.5mm.
      Van had a wider PCD.

Comment

I measured a hub which I thought was off an A35 or Riley 1.5 at 4 inches which I thought were A series.
        But the info you have at 3.75" is the same as mine. So it must be a standard fitting for a Marina axled car.
        ie A series.
        This explains why the Trials cars in the various shot have steel Rostyle wheels off I presume a Midget/Sprite.

Comment

Yep you have the standard Marina car rear axle and hubs.
          The trials cars use the Marina van rear axle which has the larger PCD and a different diff ratio that is more suited to trials.
          Cheers, Martin.

Comment

The PCD for the standard marina saloon and the lightweight vans was 3.75" or 95.25".
            The PCD for the heavyweight van is 5.5" or 114.3mm. This is the same as the MGB GT / Roadster which is the wheels that the trials guys use. They also need the front hubs from the same van so they have matching PCD front and rear. The rear axle is a derivative of the MGB axle hence the different PCD as it was easier / cheaper for morris / BL to drill a different PCD with the front hubs rather than re-engineer the rears.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

The Marina saloon/estate hubs were much more small Triumph derived, from the BL parts bin.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi, mine are 3 3/4 inch and 3/8 UNC studs = 1800 Marina hubs, I've just replaced the studs with 7/16 UNF so I can fit my new alloys.

Comment

Working...
                X