Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: First Winter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: First Winter 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    I viewed a Cabrio that had been kept outside under a cover and the paint had microblisters where the cover had been in contact with the body. On the other side of the coin I have owned fibreglass sailing dinghys that have been left outside under a cover with no ill effects. BUT, the difference is one is painted and the latter is colour impregnated into the gel coat.
    I'd avoid in the case of the former.

2. #12 Re: First Winter 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member Alan c's Avatar
    Just shows nothings ever straight forward as it seems - I declared myself lucky not to have suffered nd damage on Marlin or MG (which I suspect are both painted with 2pack epoxy - tougheer than Vinnie Jones)

3. #13 Re: First Winter 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member listerjp2's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for your input.

I think I will not bother with a cover as she will be used most weeks from now on.

Hope to see some, if not all, of you around in the coming year.

Regards

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Alan c View Post
    Just shows nothings ever straight forward as it seems - I declared myself lucky not to have suffered nd damage on Marlin or MG (which I suspect are both painted with 2pack epoxy - tougheer than Vinnie Jones)