Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5exi on ebay

Interesting 5exi on ebay

Interesting because the mention of the new targa top from Marlin.

Regards

Adrian

Re: 5exi on ebay

I've just bought this car from the guy on eBay, it looks like it's been a long time being built and I'm sure it's going to have some secrets that I'm going to enjoy discovering...

I'm sure I'll have some questions to ask. It's passed the IVA and its still on a SORN but I'm hoping to get it on track next week to see what condition its in and if it actually runs!

Comment

Well, enjoy. We may not not all be 5exi owners but there is a wealth of information and help ready to hand.

Good luck and welcome.

Regards

Adrian

Originally posted by raddog View Post
      I've just bought this car from the guy on eBay, it looks like it's been a long time being built and I'm sure it's going to have some secrets that I'm going to enjoy discovering...

I'm sure I'll have some questions to ask. It's passed the IVA and its still on a SORN but I'm hoping to get it on track next week to see what condition its in and if it actually runs!

Comment

nice car, I hope not so much work as mine 20190207_122424.jpg

Comment

I've had the car out at Blyton on Tuesday. It's certainly an interesting car! It doesn't have the radiator mounts welded to the frame like yours does, one of the poorly fabricated brackets failed and we jerry rigged a solution. Silencer detached from CAT, fixed that too. Both inner CV gaiters failed and it looks like the Inlet Air Control Valve needs cleaning out. Lots of body contact with the 16" wheels it came with so a set of 15's have been bought to try. Handling not too bad after the suspension was changed from fully hard to six clicks from softest.

I think a new thread might be needed! The good news is it's got great potential, you're not going to be disappointed! I had a number of people saying the GAZ shocks shouldn't be mounted with the adjusters at the top....

Comment

Working...
          X