X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• events 2019

Is there a list of car shows and meetings please

Re: events 2019

Only if somebody puts them in the forum calendar or in Pitstop.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hoping to go to this one again...

Invitation to Oswestry’s biggest Classic and Vintage Transport Rally at the British Ironwork Centre

We invite you to our 5th annual Oswestry Classic and Vintage Transport Rally, on Sunday 14th July 2019, between 10am – 4pm.

This EVENT IS FREE to all exhibitors (to arrive between 7.30am – 9.00am)

This is our biggest transport event of the year and a celebration of all modes of transport, from steam engines to motorbikes, there is no strict criteria!

Throughout the day, there is live music, a fabulous cavalcade, judges and awards and a variety of food available for you to enjoy, it’s a great day to be had!

It would be fantastic if you could join us for a day full of fun.

Book your place here: https://www.britishironworkcentre.co...ransport-rally

For venue information, see our website: www.britishironworkcentre.co.uk

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the centre if you have any queries we can’t wait to see you.

We also have a fabulous short clip of last year’s event for you to take a look at.

Comment

Shall also attend subject to acceptance, sent form to them earlier this week.

Comment

Any member of the MOC can add an event to the forum calendar.
          Posting them in the events and meetings section does not necessarily reach a broad audience.

I would love to contribute, but living in Spain for most of the year, makes it more difficult to keep up to date with any changes.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

A simple internet search for "kit car events 2019" gives a fair insight into this year. It's just finding someone with the time to transcrible them into the club's calendar.
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by mocad2016 View Post
              A simple internet search for "kit car events 2019" gives a fair insight into this year. It's just finding someone with the time to transcrible them into the club's calendar.
              Paul
              As I have said in this thread, club member can add and events at will.

It is in the members interest to add dates to the forum calendar.

All too often p, in the past, events in the kit car world have been sadly unsubscribed by visitors, Detling, in Kent, for example.

Keeping up to date, with active, current info, is vital to keep the community alive.

The Internet is great for sharing info, but its boots on the ground that keeps the hobby alive.
              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Colin Barrett has volunteered to update the calendar this year. This gets a big “thank you” from me.

Any member who spots an event that would be of interest to other members can easily add an entry. Colin tells me that he is happy to add new entries if you don’t want to (or can’t) add them yourself. Just send him a pm (kahawi).

What a nice chap.
                Paul

Comment

I think I should apologise to Overseas members of the club, as the calendar is very biased toward UK events, however; as said, any member can add events to the calendar themselves.

It is not feasible for me to subscribe to every car magazine going, therefore much info has been gleaned off of the ‘Internet’. There will inevitably be omissions and errors, so please do let me know of other meetings, club events etc. that may be of interest to Marlin owners and I will add them.

The calendar is best interrogated in the Monthly view, where event headings can be seen. As far as I can tell it is not included in the ‘search function’ of the website, which makes it a little difficult if you don’t know the likely date of an event beforehand.

Also, please bear with me at least for a couple of weeks, it takes a finite amount of time to research and add each event, so the whole year has yet to be populated!

Best regards,
                  Colin Barrett
                  Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

I added Techno Classica in Essen - it takes a weekend trip so you need to plan ahead but a brilliant show - I have been twice now - biggest I have ever been to although NEC in Nov is getting close

Comment

10th to 14th April

Comment

Thanks Colin - will use as my calendar - I added a couple more

Originally posted by mocad2016 View Post
                        Colin Barrett has volunteered to update the calendar this year. This gets a big “thank you” from me.

Any member who spots an event that would be of interest to other members can easily add an entry. Colin tells me that he is happy to add new entries if you don’t want to (or can’t) add them yourself. Just send him a pm (kahawi).

What a nice chap.
                        Paul

Comment

I added another 6 incl some for south east. I tried Midlands using http://www.classiccarevents.uk/listings/southern.php but to many - maybe a local person could add - did 6 in ten mins once you get knack of cut/paste

Comment

Just added Cranleigh on 11 August.
                            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Is their any way that this ever expanding list can be reached by the Pitstop editor for publication?

Not the whole list, but maybe restricted to the six months after the publication date
                              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                              X