events 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: events 2019

I try to include in Pitstop any events that club members inform me about or any kit car related events that I discover from other sources. If the forum calendar is now going to kept up to date I'll check that again as well and include any events listed there. As you will appreciate there must be hundreds of classic car events up and down the country during the 'season' and its not possible to include even a fraction of them. In addition, based on my limited experience of visiting such shows, not all of them are kit car friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
      I try to include in Pitstop any events that club members inform me about or any kit car related events that I discover from other sources. If the forum calendar is now going to kept up to date I'll check that again as well and include any events listed there. As you will appreciate there must be hundreds of classic car events up and down the country during the 'season' and its not possible to include even a fraction of them. In addition, based on my limited experience of visiting such shows, not all of them are kit car friendly.
      I appreciate what you are saying, but if members add dates to the club calendar, do they also need to inform you, with supporting evidence, that they are Kit Car friendly events?

Surely, any event, where a Marlin is present improves the club profile. Cranleigh as an example used to attract a handful of Marlins, even Ben, despite being dominated by Classics, a category that the MOC aspire to be included in.

Sadly, exclusively Kit Car events are diminishing in number, Detling and Newark as comparatively recent casualties. Surely the MOC should be present, even if it’s a single car, otherwise the marque that we love will descend into obscurity, with only Stoneleigh as the last refuge.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

If a member asks me to include an event in the magazine or I get it from the calendar I'm not going to judge if its 'kit car friendly' or not. I agree that attending as many shows as possible will highlight the Marlin marque. All I'm saying is that I can't include every classic car event that takes place in this country but if a member tries to organise a number of cars to go to a show I'll happily put it in the magazine providing I'm told or its in the calendar.

Comment

There are way to many shows to add from the many lists I looked at - my logic in picking was in part those that had links to Marlin underpinnings (Alpha, BMC etc). Those with tools, materials and parts. Then just shows that may be of interest to Petrol heads. Colin had got most.

Comment

Working...
          X