Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: stiff gearbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: stiff gearbox 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Again when using the Ford Sierra clutch pedal parts a lot of us prefer to do away with the quadrant and set up a pedal that uses the clutch cable with adjustment at the arm. There was an after market kit readily available to do this at one time. I find this a better option.

2. #12 Re: stiff gearbox 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member Dane_Rescueman's Avatar
    I am convinced that the Cortina system is better. A simple clutch pedal with the cable attached by the old fashioned nipple method. The outer adjusted so easily with the nut and locking nut attached to the cable outer at the gearbox. I can adjust my clutch easily through the bonnet opening if I want. The standard type nine yoke is ample for fully declutching without having to floor the clutch pedal. Within certain tolerances one can choose where your favourite bite point is. I have never liked the Sierra ratchet gubbins, I have tried it but have reverted to the simple Cortina system. I travel very long distances in UK and abroad with no trouble at all.
    Sorry Danny, I've meandered on when you have put it concisely
    My ancient type nine is showing signs of needing a new 3rd synchro. I'll probably do that job soon although its not a problem at the moment.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

3. #13 Re: stiff gearbox 
    regular forum contributor
    Thanks Peter. There is a click at start of travel, so you might well be on to something there. it is a white quadrant as i remember.

4. #14 Re: stiff gearbox 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar

5. #15 Re: stiff gearbox 
    regular forum contributor
    I am going to have a look this weekend. Does anyone know if the yokes fulcrum pin is one length?