Stoneleigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stoneleigh

Good luck everyone at stoneleigh. I have some work to do on my wife’s polo tomorrow, get that out of the way and hopefully give me time to get on with my spraying on Monday.
    On another note it’s also Minifest at Pentewan sands this weekend. Already seen loads of nice classic minis driving around in convoy.

Comment

Best Beloved and I hav silar problems. Ingress is OK but egress can be problematic. Even worse if the hood is up! I was thinking that if a full roll cage was fitted, an electric hoist with a sling might be a good idea.

Comment

Well, I left at 05.20 and, despite a valiant try, I got 40miles up the road before I had to give up due to being frozen solid.
        I can't get in with the hood up and tried with half the tonneau and heater on full blast, and well wrapped up. I don't think I've ever been so cold. Took me the rest of the day to thaw out. The verges were frosted.
        What made me decide to turn back was when my concentration started to lapse and I nearly ran off the road a couple of times. Good job it was early morning and the dual carriageway was quiet.
        I don't think I've ever been so thankful to get back home.
        Sorry I missed seeing you all, if I'm still around I'll try again next year.
        I'm booked in for the Wadebridge Wheels event on 14 July, should be much warmer.

Comment

That is a shame Hugh, if I had time I would have come with you, maybe next year, I should be finished mine by then.
          See you at Wadebridge wheels unless anything crops up and hope for the same weather as last year.

Comment

Thanks, Martin, still trying to thaw out. See you at wheels.

Comment

One things struck me today, many of us were there, and we see each others posts on here and the forums bit we don't know each other in person. Maybe next year we could all sign in at the club marque and pickup a badge (piece of card with our name on it in a plastic holder). That may help a few of us continue conversions with people we've talked to online.
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

David, good idea at any group meeting where not everone is known. h-m-c Might it be possible to fit over-center clips to the cant rail so the hood can finally be fitted and clipped after entry? I have two wheel bolts to fix the cant rail on our Roadster but despite age and decrepitude we can still enter ad leave with the hood up. BB did put a nast burn on her calf from the exhaust recently , exhaust will need protection.

Comment

I'm looking at several ideas at the moment Dave, but the main problem is my inability to get bending my knees enough and take my weight.

Comment

I'm back home now, missed you Hugh but glad to know you're OK (and have probably thawed out by now) Rgds DC

Comment

Thanks David.
                      Still feel cold, stuff old age. Nobody told me that rigor mortice sets in before you kick it, I have never felt so cold in my life. See there it goes again, repeating myself.
                      Last edited by h_m_cumming; 06-05-19, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Some motor cycle trousers, or the heated pads strategically placed?

Comment

Should have worn a sleeping bag!!!

Comment

I know what Hugh was feeling like. I left Padstow at 0330. Bodmin Moor and Exmoor were below zero with ice starting to form on the inside of Moll's screen. I was frozen as the heater was only just tepid. The reason, the engine thermostat has stuck fully open (better than closed!) which meant that the engine was not getting very warm. I arrived at Stoneleigh at about eight and went straight in to the farmer's Fare restaurant where my fingers eventually thawed out to hold a cup of tea. The stand was larger than expected. all cars were able to be neatly placed for the public to view. Although it was the fortieth anniversary of the roadsters, I was pleased to see fourteen or so Berlinettas all lined up. Splendid,
                            Our display was well liked by many visitors - well done the organisers.
                            I wandered across the railway (HS2 mud heap) to our old stand. Brought back fond memories as the trees have been left standing where we used to pitch the tents. Ah well, progress !
                            The halls were not as populated by exhibitors as last year. I do hope that the show continues a I'll be there next year.
                            Right, on with obtaining a new thermostat and gasket.
                            Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
                            X