Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Stoneleigh

frequent forum contributor Club Member stevepritch's Avatar

Re: Stoneleigh

Some motor cycle trousers, or the heated pads strategically placed?

frequent forum contributor Club Member

Should have worn a sleeping bag!!!

frequent forum contributor Club Member Dane_Rescueman's Avatar

I know what Hugh was feeling like. I left Padstow at 0330. Bodmin Moor and Exmoor were below zero with ice starting to form on the inside of Moll's screen. I was frozen as the heater was only just tepid. The reason, the engine thermostat has stuck fully open (better than closed!) which meant that the engine was not getting very warm. I arrived at Stoneleigh at about eight and went straight in to the farmer's Fare restaurant where my fingers eventually thawed out to hold a cup of tea. The stand was larger than expected. all cars were able to be neatly placed for the public to view. Although it was the fortieth anniversary of the roadsters, I was pleased to see fourteen or so Berlinettas all lined up. Splendid,
    Our display was well liked by many visitors - well done the organisers.
    I wandered across the railway (HS2 mud heap) to our old stand. Brought back fond memories as the trees have been left standing where we used to pitch the tents. Ah well, progress !
    The halls were not as populated by exhibitors as last year. I do hope that the show continues a I'll be there next year.
    Right, on with obtaining a new thermostat and gasket.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi