Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoneleigh

frequent forum contributor Club Member Dane_Rescueman's Avatar

Stoneleigh

Hi all,
    I've just registered for Stoneleigh this year. On the show web site they show the original map. On the club booking area they show a map with a swathe cut out calling it a New Access Road. Looks a bit odd !
    I wonder where the Marlins are going to be situated. Maybe there will be grassed areas to the NE of the new road? Otherwise the showground will be smaller and our large club may be squeezed in with another.
    I liked stand 41 which we always managed to fill with cars and adjacent camping. They may require us to camp in the main site up in the North West. Boo.
    I'll be there anyway but I hope they allocate a large area for us.
    Best wishes to all, Happy Marlining.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Re: Stoneleigh

Probably HS2-related, as the proposed route cuts right across the site and specifically our historic pitch..!
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

frequent forum contributor Club Member

As a result of planned changes to the Stoneleigh show ground our normal pitch along with others in the same area are no longer available. Because the whole area has been reduced many clubs, including ours, have been allocated smaller pitches. We believe that the new pitch will just about be big enough even with our normal marquee but the parking will need to be more 'efficient' and there will be less space for camping and caravans. A bit later I'll try and put up a copy of the site map showing where our new pitch is.

Many thanks for the info. Its a shame the new railroad has to impinge on the showground.
    I will try to be more efficient with my parking !

Hi Dane, I contacted Grovenor today and they said that they have allocated pitch no 63 for the MOC. They have always had trade stalls on this area before. You can check out the location of 63 on the site plan.

There will be a site map in the next issue of Pitstop, which should be out in the next couple of weeks or so, showing where our usual pitch was and the location of the new one.

Many thanks Danny. I'll see you there !

Just had a look at the new map. I remember the stalls on 63. It is not a very big area and the road is packed each day. Clearly we will not be able to camp there.
    If we get anywhere near our fairly recent record of around 80 cars I don't think they will fit.
    There is good news, it is almost next door across the road to the shop/restaurant and not far to carry goodies bought in the halls. Also every member of the public will pass our stand so lots of publicity.
    I'm sure it will turn out OK.

Unhappy Re: Stoneleigh

Aaaargh, I forgot about the Westfield Slalom !! We will need to trek off to a quiet area for an open-air AGM.

frequent forum contributor Club Member b_caswell's Avatar
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!