Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoneleigh

frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar

Re: Stoneleigh

Quote Originally Posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
    Just had a look at the new map. I remember the stalls on 63. It is not a very big area and the road is packed each day. ............ Also every member of the public will pass our stand so lots of publicity...........
    Perhaps it would be prudent to take a leaf out of the book from other clubs and have some posts and plastic chains along the front, with a gap for the genuinely interested, to keep the hot dog and ice cream fraternity from smearing themselves over the cars?

As a final thought, I seem to think that piece of road has a full height kerb. If that’s correct then hopefully there is access to the pitch from other directions?

frequent forum contributor Club Member Alan c's Avatar

That slalom is clearly popular, fun to watch and it is a car show - maybe its me getting old but it is an iritating noise !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
    Aaaargh, I forgot about the Westfield Slalom !! We will need to trek off to a quiet area for an open-air AGM.

Maybe if we ask nicely the Westfield Slalom boys will take a break while we have our AGM !!

frequent forum contributor Club Member

I was thinking the same thing. Lets see what the noise is like in the marquee if they are running. I'll also check on access to the pitch if there are kerbs around it.

Hmm, I'm thinking I will just park away from the club area instead of getting stuck in all the melee close to the show. There always seems to be the odd spot about that you can park up at. It'll leave a space for someone elese.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

If this image transfers ok to the website it shows last years MOC pitch and this years proposed pitch which is considerably smaller. Also shown is the location of the Westfield Slalom. From memory there is also a funfair in the main ring next door to the proposed pitch location, which will also add to the noise. I doubt if the Westfield Slalom will want to forgo any income lost if they stop for our AGM!

Stoneleigh Plan 2019.doc

Note - (If you click on the file the document containing the image will open in Word but may not open correctly with an ipad or tablet).
    Last edited by greyV8pete; 09-03-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Note added.

Thanks for that. For others here it is as a jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Hugh. I couldn’t convert it with my ancient PC.

Thanks guys as I'll be able to find my way now! Re: site plans.

Will it be all that bad in reality? Yes, a 40%ish reduction in ground but there's no trees to drop seeds into the car (unlike last year), the lack of trees will probably aid parking layout/space, it is located nearer the hub of activity and can only raise the marques profile, there's less distance to the car boot etc.
    There are buildings between the new site and the Westfield slalom so this may help with reducing the noise a bit...

I'm probably not as familiar with the site and/or space issues as others in the club, so forgive me if I haven't grasped the enormity of the problem but personally, I'm looking forward to it

Wonder where the nearest toilet is for us oldies.lol