Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stoneleigh

I reckon you are correct Pete
    I can't remember a kerb on that's little road. It was mostly a parking area for the trade stands vans. Yup, that's the way in.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Looks like there is an on ramp - reasonable amount of space if we have it all scaling from the cars
      Attached Files

Comment

That looks promising then. Provided there aren’t any cars parked on the road blocking it on the show days!

From all the above comments and observations in this thread there would seem to be plenty of things for the club committee to discuss with the show organisers to ensure a hassle free 40th anniversary. Perhaps a prior site visit would be beneficial?

If their findings could be posted on the forum it would help to make things run smoothly on the day. Peter.

Comment

Looking at the cars parked and say roughly 14ft per car then the site size is around 168ft (56yds) X 84ft (28yds) which ain't bad?

Sorry about using old money, but hey.

Adrian

Originally posted by Alan c View Post
          Looks like there is an on ramp - reasonable amount of space if we have it all scaling from the cars

Comment

Yup. It looks like most cars will fit. There possibly won't be room for those of us that normally camp on the stand though. Have any other camping souls thought where the MOC will make our camp? I think an early arrival on Sat may be a good idea.

Comment

I'll be there early Saturday.

See you then.

Adrian

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
              Yup. It looks like most cars will fit. There possibly won't be room for those of us that normally camp on the stand though. Have any other camping souls thought where the MOC will make our camp? I think an early arrival on Sat may be a good idea.

Comment

Site map attached.

Light blue is camping areas.

Stoneleigh_Site_map_2018 (1).pdf

If not try this link

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                I'll be there early Saturday.

See you then.

Adrian
                Last edited by listerjp2; 15-03-19, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Yes Gents, as much as I would have been happier with our normal plot the scaling sketches I prepared for Geoff's discussions with Grosvenor indicated we will probably be just OK given that we didn't use all of the previous area due to soggy ground and trees.
                  Just about to order warm dry weather for that weekend!
                  Regards, John

Comment

Ah, I have the up to date map from the organisers and I know where al the trade people have their motor homes etc. Others camp in the wooded area near the Dakar track. All I was alluding to is that us campers used to set up home with the cars to the area behind the Marquee on 41. (some even camped in the soggy areas much to their occasional disappointment).
                    I do not think that we will be able to do the same on 63. So, are peeps going to the woods or attempt to shoehorn in near 22/23?

Comment

F
                      Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
                      Ah, I have the up to date map from the organisers and I know where al the trade people have their motor homes etc. Others camp in the wooded area near the Dakar track. All I was alluding to is that us campers used to set up home with the cars to the area behind the Marquee on 41. (some even camped in the soggy areas much to their occasional disappointment).
                      I do not think that we will be able to do the same on 63. So, are peeps going to the woods or attempt to shoehorn in near 22/23?
                      To the woods! To the woods, every time!

Comment

No, No ! Mother wouldn't like it !😯

Comment

Will be getting there early Saturday so hope to meet everyone then.

Comment

Show is Sunday/ Monday Steve !

Comment

We are allowed on to the show ground after 1200 on the Saturday. I normally get there mid afternoon Saturday which gives me plenty of time to wrestle with the miles of independently-minded GRP poles for my tent.
                              Last edited by Dane_Rescueman; 19-04-19, 07:21 PM. Reason: spolling

Comment

Here's an update on JRR from me, still with oil, filter change etc to do tomorrow.

She's smoking and knocking when cold so driving to the show and back risks trashing the motor completely. It may well be OK if I drive B roads slowly and take 5ltr of oil with me!

Given that I've pencilled in a transporter to take it there and back again, but two issues;

1. They can only deliver it later this Friday and collect on Tuesday. Can anyone who knows the organisers check if that's doable? I'd imagine Tuesday pickup is OK but Friday drop off?
                                2. Cost, £380 return, ouch!

I think we should get the car there as it's the 40th of the company and Roadster but that transport price is half the cost of a short engine rebuild kit.

How much do you the club members want JRR there?

David.
                                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                                X