Stoneleigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stoneleigh

Local weather forecast for Sat night very cold so bring a hot water bottle and extra blankets!! Liz

Comment

It won't worry us if JRR is not there. It was built winter 1976 so is older than the Roadsters by a bit. Would be better if it was running properly than wrecking the engine.
      Liz

Comment

DB, save your money towards the engine rebuild !

It would be good to see JRR there but not at that price !

As Liz says, it's a prototype and predated the T cars anyway

Rgds DC

Comment

David,

Is the knocking just on the start up until oil pressure is up??

If so a lot of Triumphs suffer that from oil filter drain back but seem to survive.

However I have to agree with the above its not worth wrecking the engine

if you have doubts about its condition.

You've got 4 days !!!

Whip the head and sump off fit new bearings and oil pump
          hone the bores and fit new rings

so whats keeping you
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
            David,

Is the knocking just on the start up until oil pressure is up??

If so a lot of Triumphs suffer that from oil filter drain back but seem to survive.

However I have to agree with the above its not worth wrecking the engine

if you have doubts about its condition.

You've got 4 days !!!

Whip the head and sump off fit new bearings and oil pump
            hone the bores and fit new rings

so whats keeping you
            Yes it’s a lot quieter when the oil pressure is up and the engine is warm, still ‘knocky’ though.

Member Paul has given me a few tips to test compression and try and find out if it’s just stuck oil rings, or maybe valve. I’ll do that tomorrow.

David.
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

OK maybe not what you expect but as long as you are a minimalist you could have a lift from me.

Adrian

Originally posted by David View Post
              Yes it’s a lot quieter when the oil pressure is up and the engine is warm, still ‘knocky’ though.

Member Paul has given me a few tips to test compression and try and find out if it’s just stuck oil rings, or maybe valve. I’ll do that tomorrow.

David.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                OK maybe not what you expect but as long as you are a minimalist you could have a lift from me.

Adrian
                I though you were going Saturday and camping over?

David,
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hello All, Trying to get to Stoneleigh in my Berli after bonkers long rebuild ( No 1 Sierra ) but probably can only make Sunday - do you have to pre-book for the show or Marlin area or is it too late ? Thanks Paul W

Comment

I am but it was just an offer.

Originally posted by David View Post
                    I though you were going Saturday and camping over?

David,

Comment

No pre-booking needed
                      Liz

Comment

Originally posted by A_Hogg View Post
                        Show is Sunday/ Monday Steve !
                        I know, it's in my diary, and it says Sunday.....whatever made me post Saturday I dont know!

Comment

I only live a few miles up the road, so will come and say hello to anyone around Saturday mid-late pm. Looking forward to it !
                          Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
                          Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Just had to nip to Newhaven with a family issue. I hope to get back to Padstow in time to set off for Stoneleigh. I was tempted to take mum back home in the Marlin and then set off for Stoneleigh from East Sussex. Prising a 99 year old in and out of the car proved too difficult. ) I'll have to nip home (550 mile round trip), swap cars and head off North. May only make Sunday but I'm still trying to make it. See you there all.
                            Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Marlin all ready for an early start tomorrow. Should get there for 10.00-10.30, all being well. Whether I'll be able to get myself out of it when I get there is another matter.
                              Old age is no fun, nobody told me that rigor mortice sets in even before you kick it!

Comment

I'll have a big lever ready to help you get out
                                Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                                X