Tonneau , marina roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonneau , marina roadster

Looking for a tonneau cover or one I could use as a template?

Re: Tonneau , marina roadster

Try a boatyard, they generally know of hood and tonneau makers. I made mine by draping some vinyl over the cockpit and sorting the fasteners first.I already had fastenings for the hood. When I had an acceptable fit I marked the edges ,cut and sewed them. I also put a centre zip in. A professional would have done it better but I did it for £10 + plus the fittings I already had. I also have a removable pipe suport to stop the sag when parked. Good luck!

Comment

If you're up North Wales area, try Brookes tarpaulins in Penmaenmawr, 01492 622685. They did a cracking job on my boat cover and also my mates boats.
      I'm planning on getting them to do a cover for the Roadster, not a tonneau style but one which fits over the screen and slopes down to the rear so the rain runs off easily.
      Gareth.

Comment

Cracking idea Gareth, but does the whole thing come off for driving?

Comment

It's just a rain cover Dave, and will keep prying eyes out. I made one out of plastic sheeting and used the 'lift the dot' fasteners at the back to keep it in place. Works very well in heavy rain. Bit battered now. About 4 foot square and shaped to go over the screen and hang to overlap the top of the doors. Never really understood tonneau covers which are rain traps! Fastened in place in seconds. Next time I'm going up that way, I intend to call in and get one made in black.

Comment

Working...
          X