Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Millie antiroll bar

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
  1. #71 Re: Millie antiroll bar 
    Club Member
    To finish off this tale; I have now fitted the modified un-bent ant-roll bar. Despite all my careful measurement the castor angle has come out at almost 7 degrees on both sides. I am very happy with that. As mentioned before castor angles of between 6 and 12 are quite acceptable. I notice that toe-in has a more significant effect on the feel of the car (and tyre wear). The camber is still slightly negative on one side and slightly positive on the other but it is the best it has ever been.

Way back in post #36 I mentioned that the Renault Clio was close to the weight of Millie and had a 2.1° castor. By sheer coincidence I hired a Clio and can confirm that the power steering is good enough for Nicole and Papa but nothing special.

I have covered a few miles now over rough and smooth roads and can confirm that I am very happy with the feel of the car. You can certainly tell there is no power assistance when slow speed manoeuvring but it’s perfectly acceptable.

My thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and the dream team pass on their best wishes too.
    Paul

Pit crew 2.jpg

2. #72 Re: Millie antiroll bar 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    That pitstop crew are definitely looking a bit puzzled! Make up your mind, do you want soft, super soft or wet?

3. #73 Re: Millie antiroll bar 
    Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrum View Post
    That pitstop crew are definitely looking a bit puzzled! Make up your mind, do you want soft, super soft or wet?
    Unfortunately, I had to go for a wee.