Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With reference to Pitstop 210 Marina Trunnions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With reference to Pitstop 210 Marina Trunnions.

I would strongly advise the use of grease and not oil to lubricate the trunnions.

There were some design changes made in attempts to cure the understeer that the Marinas suffered from.
    Primarily this increased the thread engagement length between trunnion and swivel pin.

The fundamental reason for failure of the setup is lack of maintenance. If you do not strip clean and grease the trunnions on a regular basis, or as a minimum re-grease them, with an excess of grease, driving the old grease out then problems will occur, whether you use the standard or Walford Trunnions that are intended only to replace the worn or corroded thread on the swivel pin.

An interesting document describing the changes to both the trunnion and swivel pin can be found here or there
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Re: With reference to Pitstop 210 Marina Trunnions.

I am with Steve on this one - had a one snap for that reason back in the 70s, think the car was only 5 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post

An interesting document describing the changes to both the trunnion and swivel pin can be found here or there
      thanks but: "You are not allowed to view this private information.You have tried to view a document in account jiversteve. The owner of this document has not put your account name ahbeck on the list of people allowed to view it.
      Contact the owner jiversteve and ask them to give your account ahbeck permission to view."

Comment

Originally posted by AndyBeck View Post
        thanks but: "You are not allowed to view this private information.You have tried to view a document in account jiversteve. The owner of this document has not put your account name ahbeck on the list of people allowed to view it.
        Contact the owner jiversteve and ask them to give your account ahbeck permission to view."
        let me help you. First I will complete your post for you.

"You are not allowed to view this private information.You have tried to view a document in account jiversteve. The owner of this document has not put your account name ahbeck on the list of people allowed to view it.
        Contact the owner jiversteve and ask them to give your account ahbeck permission to view

As a comparatively new forum user you will not know the history of my archive on Keepandshare.

if you would like access, it’s free, then all you have to do is follow the link in my forum signature below. You have managed the first step, opening a new account with Keepandshare, just missed the second step, asking me for access.
        if you are interested email me at [email protected]

i will wait for you to contact me.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Yes - I tried that and got a snotty message back from Steve !!

Comment

Originally posted by duncan View Post
            If I remember correctly you thought you had a right to just take my efforts. I think you had forgotten your Keepandshare username and/or password and expected me to know them? (Others have done the same, I treat them as special cases)

Well for everybody’s security, I don’t know Keepandshare usernames, until I am told, and I don’t want to know your password, I can’t answer that sort of question.

Would you like to read and learn?

Send me an email at [email protected] 99% of people who do are happy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Here is a copy of the last PM that I sent you on 19 November. I don’t think you can call this snotty, on the contrary, I tried to help!

Last and final check

I have been watching activity on Keepandshare and have not noticed any activity from you.

I presume you have no further interest in accessing my archive.

if I do not hear from you or see activity over the weekend, I will assume you are not interested anymore and will not bother you again.

MOC member since 05/97

Comment

You touted this "Keep and Share" as a resource we could all use

Then when I tried to actually use it - joining it and all that bollocks you were snotty as all hell

I hope that I never need that "resource" as I do not put up with being treated like that!!

Comment

You touted this "Keep and Share" as a resource we could all use

Then when I tried to actually use it - joining it and all that bollocks you were snotty as all hell

I hope that I never need that "resource" as I do not put up with being treated like that!!
                  I have responded to Duncan privately, as before I do not expect a reply.
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

I have found your messages - and they are just as snotty as I thought they would be

I see no need to associate with somebody like that

If I do need some more information I expect to be able to talk to polite and sensible people to obtain it - not you!!

Comment

Behind the bike shed at playtime it is then!!

Comment

I have found your messages - and they are just as snotty as I thought they would be

I see no need to associate with somebody like that

If I do need some more information I expect to be able to talk to polite and sensible people to obtain it - not you!!
                        Yes. I too found similar issues. I was left with the distinct impression that I was troubling someone for something that they'd really rather not be troubled about and the somewhat convoluted process of accessing 'keepandshare' did nothing to simplify or improve matters. I just left it all well alone in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by mogrange1 View Post
                          Yes. I too found similar issues. I was left with the distinct impression that I was troubling someone for something that they'd really rather not be troubled about and the somewhat convoluted process of accessing 'keepandshare' did nothing to simplify or improve matters. I just left it all well alone in the end.
                          The document in question has been read 1500 times.

I have responded to Mogrange via PM.
                          MOC member since 05/97

Comment

For a limited time I have made access to this document free.
                            that is that yin don’t have to register with Keepandshare that was always free!

inevitably certain people won’t look, others will learn.

consider it my New Years present.
                            Last edited by stevejgreen; 29-12-20, 01:28 PM.
                            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Cheers Steve, you're a gent!.

Comment

Working...
                              X