Too nice a day not to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too nice a day not to

Too nice a day not to get the old Marlin out, she's sat in the garage since I fitted the new wheels, so off round the corner for 20 quid's worth of petrol, and away we went from Coedpoeth up to the Horseshoe pass, I stopped and had a look at what had pulled up at the Pondarosa, there were some very nice bikes, a number of Morris 1000s, a collection of Triumph TR6, a few kit cars but only my Marlin, the place has become quite the meeting place for largely bikes, but there's often a club event taking place. There was a young couple there with a black McLaren, It looked and sounded like the real thing, ( I don't thing they worked as fitters on days regular anyhow ? I then took the car to Worlds end and back for a blast on the single lanes, it's great going back up the steep hill behind the Ponderosa, then off through Llangollen ( Very busy ) It's at this point I realised that the car felt as if it was being driven across a giant corrugated sheet, especially at 20 30 MPH, it became so back I thought I'd chip my teeth if I don't put my foot down and get home, once home I gave the car a bit of a check over and found that the balance weights had started to fall off the inside of the back wheels ( Stick on jobs ) so there we are, a very nice but chilly little trip out and another little job to sort out.

Re: Too nice a day not to

Have to meet up one day Harry. Love those roads around there!
    Gareth

Comment

Re: Too nice a day not to

Took off steering and spare wheels to tidy them up, and ordered a cover for the latter. Planning a blast on the St Ives-St Just coast road on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
      X