Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Block

Message originally posted by: Anthony Baker
    I have a cracked block on my 2.5 Triumph (six) just below the head. Has any one used Holts Wondarweld as I have been recommended it's use untill I can repair or replace the block (if I can find one).

Re: Cracked Block

Noel of the South West Marlin Register has a serious 2.5 Triumph engine that I understand is for sale. I can give you detailsor you can get his contact no from Pit Stop/

Comment

Message originally posted by: Anthony Baker
      could you give me details please. I have just priced a block from Rimmer Bros !

Comment

I bet you had to sit down when they told you how much! I assume the crack is along the line of the core plugs in the side of the engine. If you remove the adjacent plugs and give it a good clean out behind the crack and then drill a very small hole at the very ends of the crack to stop it migrating further. Then force your chosen sealer(a two pack type) into the crack.Or you could have the block stitch welded, but I dont think it can be done in situ.If Noels engine is too hair raising you could try West Country Triumph www.westcountrytriumph.com
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Anthony
          I have a couple of Triumph 2.5 blocks you can have for free. Although I work in Lincs my offices are over in Cirencester so I could bring one of them half way if you are still having problems finding a replacement. They were both in good order when removed.
          Mike
          email: mands.garner(at)btinternet.com

Comment

Working...
          X