Cabrio windscreen surround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio windscreen surround

Are stainless steel windscreen surrounds still available for the Cabrio - mine is painted aluminium and somewhat scruffy

Re: Cabrio windscreen surround

Given that the business is up for sale it would seem doubtful

Comment

Suppose they might know a man/business?

Comment

Originally posted by charles44 View Post
        Are stainless steel windscreen surrounds still available for the Cabrio - mine is painted aluminium and somewhat scruffy
        Terry, MD at Marlin, says they are continuing to supply parts etc so try them. We should try and support the business to ensure it continues to be a going concern.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi - The stainless surrounds were made by R L Keat & Sons (01872 862900). Neither they nor Marlin will have any in stock - I bought out Keats stock and sold them off virtually at cost ages ago. They may have the patterns and be willing to make one, but it won't be cheap, especially as a one-off. If you get away with £200 I'd be surprised! Good luck - Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dave_kitson View Post
            Hi - The stainless surrounds were made by R L Keat & Sons (01872 862900). Neither they nor Marlin will have any in stock - I bought out Keats stock and sold them off virtually at cost ages ago. They may have the patterns and be willing to make one, but it won't be cheap, especially as a one-off. If you get away with £200 I'd be surprised! Good luck - Dave
            I too would like to replace the surrounds on my Cabrio windscreen, the initial install (not my work I hasten to add) saw them cut too short and then little fillers added to each end, not the neatest of results. Perhaps there may be others wishing to purchase some, this could potentially lower the cost per person.
            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Working...
            X