Triumph 6cyl engined roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph 6cyl engined roadster

Ok, after trying to view this car last year all to no avail(the seller would not respond to phone calls or mails!) it appears to have reappeared on the market, albeit 50 miles away. I have made arrangements to go to view said beast this next week.
    What should I be looking for/at with said beast? If it was Ford based not a problem, but the seller has absolutely no knowledge or pretends not to have!
    No idea of chassis number, that was one of my tasks last year to assist DC with club records.
    Any assistance/help greatfully received/appreciated.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Tony Stott; 31-03-19, 03:32 PM.

Re: Triumph 6cyl engined roadster

Blast from the past Tony, I've even forgotten which car it is !

Common sense is good, and no blinkers

Rgds DC

Comment

https://www.marlinownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-Cars-in-france

all old links

Last edited by b_caswell; 01-04-19, 10:28 AM.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks for that, unfortunately Leboncoin delete the records fairly quickly!

Did these Triumph engine Roadsters come in short and long wheelbased cars, if so can anyone give me the wheelbases please.
        Haven't time to do a full search as tied up with other stuff the next couple of days and then off to view Saturday!

Comment

I believe that Triumph based Roadsters were all SWB except the "Purple Peril" which had been specifically lengthened for Adrian Priest
          The Hybrids (Marina back axle, Triumph Front suspension) with a choice of engines were both LWB and SWB

Please remind me which particular car you are looking at and I can check for you

Rgds DC

PS I am sure Ben will correct the above if I am wrong !!!!
          Last edited by dcunn; 04-04-19, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Don't know which one, the I think original vendor would not respond to phone calls or emails, and of course its French registered, I think the reg started eh-**-**
            Saturday will hopefully throw up more info, chassis no etc!

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
              I believe that Triumph based Roadsters were all SWB except the "Purple Peril" which had been specifically lengthened for Adrian Priest
              The Hybrids (Marina back axle, Triumph Front suspension) with a choice of engines were both LWB and SWB

Please remind me which particular car you are looking at and I can check for you

Rgds DC

PS I am sure Ben will correct the above if I am wrong !!!!
              yep that's correct all Mk1 Triumph based cars except one were SWB 92ins

the hybrid came in both SWB and LWB which was 98 ins.

BC
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

thanks for that - tape measure at the ready!!

Comment

Ok viewed the car today, yes it is the one I tried to view last year. Strange meeting the guy wouldn't get it out of a commercial garage, little space to crawl about etc.
                  Seems to be in reasonable condition, he's changed lots of 'stuff' etc
                  I left saying I needed time to consider the situation, it expensive cf UK but less than French prices.
                  He's got a lot of info /documentation etc
                  The donor appears to have been a Vitesse, Triumph front suspension, wheelbase 92".
                  DC I will pm you with ite details!

Comment

Working...
                  X