brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pads

Hi, I am trying to source front and rear brake pads for my 1998 sportster, I think the rear calliper is ford sierra or cozy part No L4 520 0659/4 but i am not sure. The front calliper is a 4 pot lockheed part No AP1981 524t 208g 3247 2107 c . Can anyone help me out with which pads I need .

Thanks

Re: brake pads

Have a look at EBC brakes or Europarts you could possibly match up pads etc. with pictures on their websites.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that your rear calipers will be from a Sierra like these...

I bought a set of reconditioned rear brake calipers but couldn't resist giving them an extra coat of paint.

Less certain but a bit of guess that your front calipers would be from an Austin Princess. IIRC these were a common choice for kit car builders.

Hi Guyz, As promised in an earlier post on here and in this months news letter. I have decided to "get in aboot" my 280 to get it ready for the first

Comment

Originally posted by phil.coyle View Post
        Have a look at EBC brakes or Europarts you could possibly match up pads etc. with pictures on their websites.
        I never trust pictures on a website, often generic ones.
        Somebody once claimed that a Marina had vented discs because that’s what was in the picture.
        No Marinas, or Roadsters have vented disks unless they have followed my lead and converted to Clio discs and callipers.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
        X