Not my best morning so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not my best morning so far

Dropped Marlin off for MOT a 6am outside my local garage who know me well - just got to work and realised I left lights on - they are going to love me !!

OK I feel better I have confessed

Re: Not my best morning so far

So used to the auto lights on my modern car and rarely drive marlin in dark

Comment

I just had to fit a lights on warning. I left them on all the time.

A flat battery shouldn’t worry a garage. Can we assume it passed?
      Paul

Comment

Fortunately it started without issue and passed without a single issue - some days just get better - ready for our sunny easter weekend

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together. Have a an even better weekend.
          Paul

Comment

Just to make you feel better Alan
            On our first trip to Spain in our Cabrio I left the Cooling fan on for the whole ferry trip(20hrs) Got pushed off the ferry and then the kindly Spanish hooked me up to a Jump pack reverse Polarity before I had a chance to stop them and it "Fried the Alternator" Had to be pushed through Passport control by a Port Authority Copper, Happy days!!
            Hope you at least passed the MOT
            Stapley Bryan

Comment

That made me smile - bet you weren't at the time
              Originally posted by bryannewell View Post
              Just to make you feel better Alan
              On our first trip to Spain in our Cabrio I left the Cooling fan on for the whole ferry trip(20hrs) Got pushed off the ferry and then the kindly Spanish hooked me up to a Jump pack reverse Polarity before I had a chance to stop them and it "Fried the Alternator" Had to be pushed through Passport control by a Port Authority Copper, Happy days!!
              Hope you at least passed the MOT

Comment

After being pushed through Passport Control we had to wait for 2 hrs for recovery Vehicle, then were dropped at a garage in Santander where everyone was on "siesta"
                But to be fair to the Spanish once they came back it was sorted quite quickly, with the owner taking me first to a Repair Guy to try to fix it(no joy there) then to a motor factor to buy new then back to workshop where they had to fashion a new bracket, cost me about £300 but I figure that could have been a lot worse,
                Only thing was by the time I came out SWMBO had been sat outside all this time in the Sun and was resembling a Lobster!!
                Not the best start to a Hols, But at least the rest of the trip went well!!
                Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
                X