• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Historic at last

Hi David

Left PM.

Adrian

Originally posted by David View Post
    That reminds me I need to contact your guy to get JRR run through the test.

I'll be working on the car Friday and Saturday if you want to swing by.

Comment

Hi guys, am I right in the understanding that car tax will cease at thirty years (Historic) but MOTs continue until its forty years (Vintage). I also had been looking forward to no longer paying tax this year, but I was giving to understand is it's only on or before the beginning of Jan each year that qualify. As my V5 first registered as a berli was 01.04.89 so now Historic might not qualify now until next year, which is hopefully wrong, if anyone can advise

See you all again at Stoneleigh, and yes we'll be camping again till the Tuesday, this time in the woods probably.

Cheers Alan & Margaret

Comment

Sorry Alan, It is 40 years for tax. Mine was '78 and became taxand MOT free this April 1st. I would be happy for you if it is 30 years but miffed for me! Was your Berli registered with the donor number? If it was the donor might be older. My V5 says Marlin reg in 78 but the donor was a 78 Marina and the Marlin was built circa '90. But Dvla say it is 40 years old so no tax or MOT. My Q plate Locust will never be tax free,Grrr.

Comment

Working...
        X