Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Historic at last

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: Historic at last 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member Skittler's Avatar
    Mine is historic and now MOT free and used throughout the year,weather permitting.
    Thankfully I have a very friendly garage who essentially check it over yearly (probably a pre-MOT test) for my own peace of mind.
    (It's the sort of garage where I can just turn up and use their air line to check tyre pressures. Priceless.)
    Brian

Learning more about:
    June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
    1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
    And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

2. #12 Re: Historic at last 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member listerjp2's Avatar
    I have one just like that to.

Dieing breed.

Use them or lose them.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Skittler View Post
    Mine is historic and now MOT free and used throughout the year,weather permitting.
    Thankfully I have a very friendly garage who essentially check it over yearly (probably a pre-MOT test) for my own peace of mind.
    (It's the sort of garage where I can just turn up and use their air line to check tyre pressures. Priceless.)

3. #13 Re: Historic at last 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member Patrick's Avatar
    My borther has a 67 Mustang, he gets an MOT every year too. It's peice of mind that a 3rd party has check it over once a year

4. #14 Re: Historic at last 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by listerjp2 View Post
    Today is a big day for the old girl, she is a Historic Vehicle.

Wahhooo

Absolutely simple, went to main Post Office presented V5 and bobs your uncle.

Had the feeling that I should have paid but got over that as soon as I walked out of the door.

Adrian
    Well done.
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

5. #15 Re: Historic at last 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by listerjp2 View Post
    I haven't come across anyone within my gaggle of friends with a historic car who wouldn't have their car MOT'D.

Adrian
    That reminds me I need to contact your guy to get JRR run through the test.

I'll be working on the car Friday and Saturday if you want to swing by.
    Last edited by David; 18-04-2019 at 09:30 PM.
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

6. #16 Re: Historic at last 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member listerjp2's Avatar
    Hi David

Left PM.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    That reminds me I need to contact your guy to get JRR run through the test.

I'll be working on the car Friday and Saturday if you want to swing by.

7. #17 Re: Historic at last 
    Club Member
    Hi guys, am I right in the understanding that car tax will cease at thirty years (Historic) but MOTs continue until its forty years (Vintage). I also had been looking forward to no longer paying tax this year, but I was giving to understand is it's only on or before the beginning of Jan each year that qualify. As my V5 first registered as a berli was 01.04.89 so now Historic might not qualify now until next year, which is hopefully wrong, if anyone can advise

See you all again at Stoneleigh, and yes we'll be camping again till the Tuesday, this time in the woods probably.

Cheers Alan & Margaret
    Berlinetta 2Ltr Pinto.1989.
    Being Driven daily 365,24,7. This car being my only form of transportation For the past 7 years (and loved every moment of it).Has only Let me down on on three occasions, dew to awaiting for parts to Fix it, usually from eBay when unable to source locally. Whoever said old cars are nothing but trouble, treat it right and it will behave forever. Long live Marlin's.

8. #18 Re: Historic at last 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Sorry Alan, It is 40 years for tax. Mine was '78 and became taxand MOT free this April 1st. I would be happy for you if it is 30 years but miffed for me! Was your Berli registered with the donor number? If it was the donor might be older. My V5 says Marlin reg in 78 but the donor was a 78 Marina and the Marlin was built circa '90. But Dvla say it is 40 years old so no tax or MOT. My Q plate Locust will never be tax free,Grrr.