Oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil change

Hi, I was changing the engine and gearbox oils on the Roadster yesterday and struggling to fill the gearbox via the filler hole on the side of the box. There's no room to get the 1ltr plastic bottle and it's filler tube in without it going everywhere.
    Thought this might help others with the same problem. I happen to have a 12v oil transfer pump, the type where you put the tube down the dip stick hole and suck the engine oil out.
    I put one end in the bottle and the other into the filler hole and switched it off once the oil started coming out of the filler hole. Nice and easy. If you want one of those pumps, there's loads on eBay for under £15.
    All the best, Gareth.

Re: Oil change

Good idea, I have a big oil syringe for this type of thing, originally purchased to remove and change the diff oil on my old Freelander.

Comment

Castrol used to supply the oil in a plastic bottle with a extra pipe that went inside the bottle so
      all you had to do was squeeze it in the upright position.

The other way is to have an access hole in the tunnel to get to the level plug.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

That's the type I had but still awkward to use! This was so much easier!

Comment

Working...
        X