Marlins a la Frog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marlins a la Frog!

Was that the one which was up for grabs about 3-4 years ago around Lorient and Quimper? ie the GT6 based one?

Comment

Possibly, but I'm not sure........you expect me to remember that far back ???? LoL

This car came to France back in late 2015
      Last edited by dcunn; 03-06-22, 02:56 PM.

Comment

You and me both kiddo, it sort of looks familiar, I looked at one in Lorient which had been for sale originally in Quimper -- at that point it was in a state, tried to knock the price down, but i think it sold to some unsuspecting frenchman!

Comment

BRF 2J was mine from early 2014 to late 2016. It had a TR6 engine but on carburettors instead of fuel injection. Brilliant car but no weather protection and living at that time near the end of rainy stormy Cornwall meant it wasn’t very practical. Also it was registered as a Triumph which I feared would cause me problems eventually.

Bob Copping had planned to use it for competition until he became ill. Ray Bater’s brother Colin had it and did an amazing bodywork and paint restoration in the bodyshop he managed in Devon. Mechanically It was a bit of a dog but I got it all sorted. It went like a rocket!

I sold it to a charming Englishman named Vic who lived in the Dordogne area of France. The French are apparently more relaxed about such details as registration.

It looks pretty much as when I had it apart from different the steering wheel and wicker basket.

Comment

91F47037-C70C-4AD6-9CA9-0C1BA56F290B.jpegABFDC828-2B96-426C-BF5A-D7D7248BB32B.jpeg97BC5F29-69DF-4D7D-B802-6B3D38966EAB.jpeg
            This is when I sold it.

Comment

Ah, obviously not the one I looked at, that one was a darker red

Comment

Up again, buyer didn't turn up! Near Swiss border!

Comment

Think these 2 have been up before, but may have been repainted!

Comment

Cheers Tony, the red one was easy, Q294 MNO, sold recently through Matthewsons.

The ident of the blue one will have to wait until I have a few minutes to spare

DC

Comment

Someone needs to tell whomever buys the blue one, to ditch that boy-racer dustbin exhaust.
                      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

And another one

Comment

Yes, a known car, EM 815 MK.

A previous one from you is still defeating me, this pic.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave
                            How long ago?
                            When they have been on the site they are taken down and disappear! --- if they do come back it will be with a new reference number, so unfortunately I can't try to contact the vendor for more details -- sorry!
                            It might return, who knows!

Comment

When did Marlin launch this then? :-D ;-D

Comment

From AMC in the mid 1960s I believe, they are quite a cult classic......and Corgi did one too !

There was also 1968-9 Corgi gift set with trailer, kayak etc, now very expensive if you can find one
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by dcunn; 07-07-22, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X