Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triangular plastic/Nylon steering column sleeving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triangular plastic/Nylon steering column sleeving?

Bit of a long-shot, has anyone had any success locating the plastic sleeving that slips over the triangular rod, lower part of the steering column Scorpio/Granada/Sierra as part of the crumple/height adjustment system?

IMG_0581(1).JPG

ULA’s column was a bit wobbly, and dismantling shows that the sleeve has cracked up quite a bit, with the upper one almost non-existent. Just wondering if anyone has found a replacement source, or used an alternative?
    Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Re: Triangular plastic/Nylon steering column sleeving?

Kit Spares do them

They might have some at Stoneleigh if you are going.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Hi,
      There is a metal alternative on E-bay here:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Esco...n/122326061308
      Hope this helps.
      Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks guys, it’s not the lower bearing it is actually the white plastic ‘sleeve/tube’ that I needed, you can see it just above the jubilee clip in the picture. There is a pair of these that slide over that triangular bar and fit tight into triangular crimps on the tube that the steering-wheel bolts to – being part of the steering column ‘in/out’ adjustment.

Kit Spares couldn’t supply, so I ended up making my own repair/modification using layers of heat-shrink until the fit was no longer sloppy.
        I’ll let you know if it is still working at the end of the season.
        Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Working...
        X