Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRITAX Rear Light Screws

Hi,
    Does anyone know the Type, Size & Pitch of the set screws holding the lens in place on Britax rear light units? Have tried Metric and UNF which are not correct.
    Thanks Mike
    Attached Files

Re: BRITAX Rear Light Screws

Have you tried BA?

Comment

No, no idea what size to buy in. Trying to avoid buying in a lot of bolts that i have no use for. Have tried a local chandlers that have a large range and he suggested UNF 10 which it isn't. Just thought someone out there might know what they are.

Comment

How about retapping to m10.

Comment

You could ask these guys;

https://www.trailertek.com/trailer-p...-light-cluster

They may even carry spares.
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

There is every chance that you are looking for a BA thread, the nearest to a UNF 10 would be a 2BA..
            finding them in mainstream outlets will be rare. Your best bet is to look at Model Engineering suppliers.

You can search for similar thread types here
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I'm sure I've seen some in of all places, B &Q. Gareth.

Comment

Halfords have them; either 1" or 1.5" (link and link) if they would be long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
                  Halfords have them; either 1" or 1.5" (link and link) if they would be long enough.

i am surprised by Halfords, but a very limited choice 4BA and 2BA only.

Until we have more data, it’s impossible to be certain, but Britax being a long standing U.K. company, it’s more than likely they would use British threads for products that date from pre decimalisation era. Maybe they have stock, but don’t hold your breath.
                  MOC member since 05/97
                  1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                  1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                  Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Not to much money to find out.

I would go for it.

Plus point, you can always take them back and they will refund your money as long as you return them in the same package and have the receipt.

Adrian

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
                    Last edited by listerjp2; 09-05-19, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Just whipped one of mine out, definitely 2ba, dome head 1 1/2 inches long. Original lights on ‘97 Hunter.

Comment

Amazon have loads

But halfords still your best bet and at less than £2

Adrian

Originally posted by jhaines View Post
                        Just whipped one of mine out, definitely 2ba, dome head 1 1/2 inches long. Original lights on ‘97 Hunter.

Comment

I have used BA bolts and received prompt service. Link below. Peter.

Comment

It's a kit car therefor you can't have too many bolts!!!!!

Comment

I've still got tins of odd bolts etc. that I brought back from working in Zambia 50 yrs. ago. Still find the odd usefull one when needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X