Stafford Ride It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford Ride It

Sunday was up and out, meet up at Perkins with some like minded Kit Car owners.
    Convoy then to Stafford airfield, assembly for ride it.

Started out, we stayed at the back of the bikes, about a 100, and 6 kits, the NG with Bently nose badge did not move, and a Noble.
    Very well organised with Bike marshals on islands keeping the group moving.

Turning onto the A5 and just past Weston Park the traffic came to a stop.
    Now fans and the like, all the will in the world, a standing engine in warm weather and I started seeing fog, not sure if he was on fire to start with.
    Into the nearest gateway with 6 vehicles and bonnet off. Another car being pushed as it refused to restart after sitting in the queue. That seemed to be an issue with fuel, just would not fire, when it cooled and started again.
    Fortunately cooling fan not working on 'foggy' so some time and water and we were away again, but turned back to avoid the queues that were still present. Up through the lanes and villages back to the airfield, a cuppa, burger for some, and the sunshine.
    Feel a bit like an Englands Glory today )

Re: Stafford Ride It

My Roadster is prone to fuel vaporising( fuel pump rattling and engine misfiring) in hot weather and slow traffic. So I have lifted the front N/S edge of the bonnet and put a small block of wood in. Now cool air is getting into the engine room and the problem seems cured. I am thinking of putting an original fan on the water pump.

Comment

Dave, if you look at one of my earlier posts from a while back, I bought a 3 inch blower fan, the sort that is in inboard motor speed boats to clear the fumes and some 3in flexible ducting. The fan is directly behind the number plate and the ducting blows the cool air to the underside of the carb. About £20 off eBay. Works extremely well!!
      You're welcome to pop over and have a look.
      All the best Gareth.

Comment

Hi Gareth, Yes I remember the posts. I found a small 'snail' blower and rigged it up with 3 hoses, 1 for each carb and 1 for the exhaust, but in the hot weather we had at Easter it was not enough. Seeing some of the trials cars with the bonnet propped up on the carb side prompted me to try it and it works! At the moment I am using the Marlin as my daily drive while I do big jobs on my S1 Landrover, new clutch and back crankshaft oil seal. Slowly coming together, but everything is bl#ddy heavy. The Marlin's thrust race is making funny(not) noises and so is the gearbox I have told people it is a straight cut racing box! At the end of June we are off to Norfolk for theS1 club 40th aniversary, as there is a Marlin weekend at Sandringham the following weekend we may tow the marlin with us. So when we get to fix it, who knows. Oh, Best Beloved says there are things to do around the house!

Comment

Never enough hours in the day mate! Best keep her happy if you know what's good for you!

Comment

As he says.......
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X