Greetings from Ramsey, Huntingdon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Ramsey, Huntingdon

Hi, after inheriting a Marlin Roadster back in 2014 I am just about to get it back on the road.....

it will be road worthy but shaby and will remain that way this summer and then we'll work on beautifying it this winter.

I could have bought a new won for the money I have spent so far but with a bit of nostalgia and a bit of duty we plug away.

Hopefully pass some of you out on the road this summer??

Quick question, what seats do most of you use. I am looking at some leather MX5 but not sure if they will fit?

Re: Greetings from Ramsey, Huntingdon

Hi Steve, welcome to this club with loads of experience and inspiration. The seats in my Roadster are Westfield high backed buckets, fit like a glove on the origional Marina runners.
    Hope that's of some help, Hugh
    Attached Files

Comment

MX 5 are regrettably too wide for a roadster in standard form

Comment

I am still looking out for a decent pair of Westfield seats, bleddy expensive though and fetch good money second hand when they do come up.

Comment

Originally posted by steveschooky View Post
          Hi, after inheriting a Marlin Roadster back in 2014 I am just about to get it back on the road.....

it will be road worthy but shaby and will remain that way this summer and then we'll work on beautifying it this winter.

I could have bought a new won for the money I have spent so far but with a bit of nostalgia and a bit of duty we plug away.

Hopefully pass some of you out on the road this summer??

Quick question, what seats do most of you use. I am looking at some leather MX5 but not sure if they will fit?
          I've already purchased a pair of MX-5 mk1 seats to go into my Cabrio. To achieve this I am going to have to shrink the width by circa 45 mm. Yes, there are alternatives out there that will be a straight fit but to me they look a bit too modern for my taste.
          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

I did the same for my Sportster. I got a pair of Mx5 mk 1 seats and took them to bits, reduced the width by 1.5 inches and had them recovered. I find them very comfortable even over reasonably long distances.

Comment

Working...
            X