1.7 Ital Roadster Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.7 Ital Roadster Chassis

Placed on behalf of John Stones. 1.7 Ital based Roadster chassis not in bad condition with just surface rust except in one non-structural place below where the nearside door would be, otherwise the main parts of the chassis, I believe, are structurally sound. It has been kept in a dry garage for the last few years. I acquired it originally with the idea of modifying it to take a mini metro GTi engine(in line) but due to one thing and another my enthusiasm waned. I removed a couple of brackets to facilitate the 'new design' which I still have and could be rewelded into place. Situated in Newcastle-under-Lyme.

If interested contact John Stones at [email protected]

Re: 1.7 Ital Roadster Chassis

BUMP

Must be someone out there willing to give a good home to a Roadster chassis, be a shame to scrap it after all these years ?

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
      BUMP

Must be someone out there willing to give a good home to a Roadster chassis, be a shame to scrap it after all these years ?
      The club needs a warehousing facility, especially now Marlin Sportscars is selling up.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

The issue of holding spares has been discussed by various committees several times over the years without any real resolution. The club could pay for a warehousing facility but, at the moment, our outgoings are slightly higher than income so we can't really afford it. The other issue is how to control the stock in terms of receiving it in the first place and then issuing it out to needy club members. If a club member has a free storage facility such as an un-used barn and was prepared to administer the stock including arranging to collect items such as the Roadster chassis mentioned above then please let me know and I'll bring it up at the next committee meeting.

Comment

I forget to mention that this chassis is free to anyone who wants it, otherwise it will be scrapped.

Comment

Very last chance for this Roadster chassis 2260, no history, never been completed - use the email above in post#1 - if not it goes very quickly to the scrapman

Comment

Working...
            X