Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coil overs

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    How is the inner end of the lower arm located if you remove the torsion bar ? I'm assuming additional bracketry would need to be welded to the chassis rail otherwise you would 'hanging' the lower arms of a single bracket/tab in it's original form

The bracket that mounts the inner end of the lower arm is independant to the torsion bar. The lower arm is in two parts, a large cast bit and a pressed steel bit that are sandwiched together. The cast arm has a splined hole, one half of which contains a splined bolt which fixes the arm to the chassis mount, passing through a large rubber bush. The torsion bar is just fitted in the "other half" of the splined hole. An odd arranagement in a rather odd suspension setup. IMHO :-). But it means the torsion bar can be removed independently of the suspension arm.

Cheers, Robin

PS - would still like details of the revised damper bracket :-)

Comment

I realized my mistake while having dinner! I confess to probably having a senior moment as the image I had in my head no way resembled the set up on Marina /Roadster.
      Must do better! Where have I seen that before!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by velovol View Post

I have a similar set-up but I think my springs were 325lb from memory. They are over AVO shocks set on 5 clicks and and now have shortened Mini heavy duty rally tie bars giving 6 degrees castor.

Finally I have a car that actually handles like it should.[ATTACH]10995[/ATTACH]
        I see that the fork that locates the tie bar at the wheel end on the Marina setup was replaced with a tongue to link to the Mini tie bar. Did you manufacture your own or were you able to repurpose an off the shelf part?
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
        X