Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Windscreen Emergency

1. #1 Windscreen Emergency 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    On Saturday I found my windscreen had cracked from top to bottom in a Zig Zag. Armed with the part number (thank you Forum) I contacted my insurer and thereafter Auto-Windscreens...who contacted me today with bad news. They are aware that they supplied the original screens and have supplied replacements...but no longer...they were taken over in 2011 and the policy of the new parent company is that they no longer cut their own glass....so even if I could find a suitable piece of glass, they wouldn't cut it for me.
    Which leads me on to the next point. The perceived wisdom is that a Land Rover windscreen will cut down to fit. Which Land Rover??? The Defender (as some have suggetsed) or a Mk1 as I was told by our own cosworthcabriolee when I spoke with him earlier? He also mentioned that there was a Template "doing the rounds" within the club...who has it? What are the dimensions?

2. #2 Re: Windscreen Emergency 
    regular forum contributor
    Bill, all of the glass in my Hunter is marked Tyneside safety glass, a quick google search suggests they still supply bespoke motorsport products. Might be worth a try. Cheers. Julianhttps://tynesidesafetyglass.com/products
    Last edited by jhaines; 28-05-2019 at 03:49 PM.

3. #3 Re: Windscreen Emergency 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Google "plant glazing" in your area. They can cut flat glass no problem, usually for plant machinery but should be able to do the same for a Marlin.