Windscreen Emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Emergency

On Saturday I found my windscreen had cracked from top to bottom in a Zig Zag. Armed with the part number (thank you Forum) I contacted my insurer and thereafter Auto-Windscreens...who contacted me today with bad news. They are aware that they supplied the original screens and have supplied replacements...but no longer...they were taken over in 2011 and the policy of the new parent company is that they no longer cut their own glass....so even if I could find a suitable piece of glass, they wouldn't cut it for me.
    Which leads me on to the next point. The perceived wisdom is that a Land Rover windscreen will cut down to fit. Which Land Rover??? The Defender (as some have suggetsed) or a Mk1 as I was told by our own cosworthcabriolee when I spoke with him earlier? He also mentioned that there was a Template "doing the rounds" within the club...who has it? What are the dimensions?

Re: Windscreen Emergency

Bill, all of the glass in my Hunter is marked Tyneside safety glass, a quick google search suggests they still supply bespoke motorsport products. Might be worth a try. Cheers. Julianhttps://tynesidesafetyglass.com/products
    Last edited by jhaines; 28-05-19, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Re: Windscreen Emergency

Google "plant glazing" in your area. They can cut flat glass no problem, usually for plant machinery but should be able to do the same for a Marlin.

Comment

Working...
      X