No announcement yet.

Oh no, not another Archivists appeal !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no, not another Archivists appeal !

I’m out of email/internet contact until Thursday 6th June, but feel that this should be posted now....I'll pick up on any responses thereafter

Meeting with Terry Matthews at Stoneleigh has resulted in a useful production list of annual production of Cabrio/Hunter, Sportster , and Exi – however I realise now in many cases how
    inadequate our databases are for these cars, with regard to tie ups of kit and registration numbers.

So – you’ve guessed it – please get in touch using my email as in Pitstop magazine and let me know your T4/T5/T6 number tied to your number plate.
    I know I keep banging on about it, but in several cases sales have been helped by the historical information we have been able to provide.

Ben and I have been slaving over the Roadster and Berlinetta databases for some years, and we still have many gaps to fill – so I suppose the above request could apply to you owners as well !

Finally I must ask again for you to look through your collection of old Marlin pics. Often the information of use to us is not the subject of the pic, it’s the details in the background
    As an example, Nigel Cordrey has recently put a selection of old pics onto the MOC site and thanks to these we’ve been able to identify yet another Roadster registration number we did not
    know – below is a blurry enlarged part of one of his pics….now we need to find the kit number for it, the DVLA record says that the car is on a SORN, I wonder where !

Ben believes that the France trip pictures were taken in 1989, and apparently Colin Neeld made a VHS video of the trip. Does anyone have a copy of this video, or could put me in touch with
    Colin ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcunn; 29-05-19, 05:01 PM.

Re: Oh no, not another Archivists appeal !

The trip was 1987 I have scanned a couple more photos from the trip but it's so hard to get them down to the limits of the forum. and it's so slow

Comment

Send them to me, I'll resize and put them up for you..I have a simple programme to do it

Rgds DC

Comment

What's the best way to send them to you Email ?

Comment

Either attach to email, or if you have loads then post me a CD/stick, my address & email is in Pitstop

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>or even put the originals in the post to me and I will scan them and return them to you with a CD copy !

DC

Bump...as above does anyone have a contact for Colin Neeld, or a copy of the video ??

Comment

IMG_20190721_143722.jpgIMG_20190721_143716.jpg

DC could not for some reason add pics to my message so next best thing.
              Regards....Steve

Comment

Many thanks Steve, suitably noted (and against the new reg !)

Best Wishes DC

Comment

And for the Berlinetta owners who may be tempted to check their cars and send me the details, here's where to look....usually on the passengers side but recently we've noted one on the drivers side !
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X